PDA

View Full Version : re-post help with big putnam lathe

Jim Boggs
08-28-2007, 9:29 AM
70728Hello All Finally got pics of the Putnam.Didn't turn out great,even after photoshop(not software I'm real familiar with):confused: .Well here she is.Have to get blasted,painted,new VFD,and machine work done before she goes online,but I have feeling it's going to be well worth it.:D Any info/leads with parts,tooling,history would be great help and very much appreciated. Also picked up Crescent 12" jointer missing fence and something else that went in outfeed table in about a 4" hole right in the middle of fence mount holes.More pic's and info on OWWM. Thanks to all in advance.

Kermit Hodges
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Now that is a LATHE!! Finally a machine on here I am envious of!!

Brett Baldwin
08-28-2007, 2:16 PM
I'll bet that thing doesn't vibrate! I've never seen a well under the head that deep either. Looks like a very versatile machine. Congrats.

More detailed pictures would be appreciated as to how that section under the head stock works as well as the rest of it in general.

Chris Fierro
08-28-2007, 3:01 PM
Wow. You know the thing is big when it requires two mobile bases!

Mike Ruggeri
08-28-2007, 3:37 PM
The 4 inch hole in the jointer table might be for a shaper. Your jointer might have been part of a combination machine. Take a look at the combos on OWWM and maybe that will be of some help.

Nice lathe BTW.....