View Full Version : How Lowes can you go! (Gloat)

Bill Stevens
08-27-2007, 5:21 PM
Hello, I picked up a couple of 30" Biesemeyer fences and ext. tables today at Lowes for the super-duper price of :D $60 :D a piece. I don't have a need for them, but at that price I couldn't turn it down.

Bob Childress
08-27-2007, 5:26 PM
Where is the hate/envy smilie?? :mad: :D :D

Maurice Ungaro
08-27-2007, 5:27 PM
Bill,
Maybe you should take them over to Redmond's, and trade them for something you need/want!

Bill Stevens
08-27-2007, 5:40 PM
Maurice,
That's a good idea, I live about 20 minutes from Redmond and know most of the guys there. Actually, I bought 6 Biesemeyers today at 3 different Lowes. Four of them I paid $80 a piece and 2 of them I paid $60 a piece (the boxes were rough) so they gave me a 25% discount on 2 of them.

Maurice Ungaro
08-27-2007, 5:45 PM
.....somewhere in the Atlanta region, there's a poor soul scouring all the Lowe's stores looking for the Beisemeyers you've scarfed up! :eek: They should figure out where you're going next, and head you off at Spaghetti Junction.

Bill Stevens
08-27-2007, 5:56 PM
.....somewhere in the Atlanta region, there's a poor soul scouring all the Lowe's stores looking for the Beisemeyers you've scarfed up! :eek: They should figure out where you're going next, and head you off at Spaghetti Junction.

Maurice,

Here's the proof -- By the way, do know how many Lowes are in Atlanta? Just kidding!

Maurice Ungaro
08-27-2007, 6:02 PM
I say, if you're gonna stockpile something, it might as well be of quality. I love it when Lowe's dumps inventory. I got my Delta 22-580 planer for $220, and a mess of Bessey's as well.

Bill Stevens
08-27-2007, 6:08 PM
That's an outstanding price for your planer! My wife just told me to wipe that smile off my face and come to dinner. Take care, Bill

Matt Meiser
08-27-2007, 6:51 PM
You are in big trouble when your wife finds a deal on shoes! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Sean Kinn
08-27-2007, 6:57 PM
Man, they just must not stuck a lot of woodworking stuff in the DC area. I've seen numerous posts on all sorts of deals at Lowes, and I have never been able to find so much as a scrap of a cardboard box that one of these deals may have been in. Yet another reason to get out of here and move to the country asap ;-)

Luis Oliveira
08-27-2007, 7:01 PM
Does anyone know if this fence will work on a Ridgid table saw?

Jim O'Dell
08-27-2007, 8:01 PM
I've seen a picture of it on the 3650. I'll be putting mine on my 3612. But it may be a few weeks, just like everything I try to do woodworking wise. (My 210.00 Delta 22-580 from Lowes 3 years ago is still in the box! Never been plugged in. Hope it doesn't dry rot. :eek: ) Jim.

Matt Meiser
08-27-2007, 9:07 PM
Knowing how the fence rails mount, I don't see why it wouldn't fit on virtually any 10" contractor or cabinet saw ever made. The front/back rails are just angle iron and the front tube bolts to that. Now you might need to drill holes in either the saw tables and/or the fence rails but that's not that big of a deal. Mine came with a template for setting the height of the front rail and I assume these would too.

Randy Davidson
08-28-2007, 6:25 AM
I have one on a Ridgid 3650 and it works and fits great. No install problems whatsoever..

Bobby McCarley
08-28-2007, 9:42 AM
Nice gloat Bill,
I've checked out every Lowe's within reasonable driving distance around me and theres not a fence to be found. I guess Louisiana was left out when it came to their shipment of fences, which is par for the course.

Bobby
Louisiana

Raney Nelson
08-28-2007, 9:59 AM
Does anyone know if this fence will work on a Ridgid table saw?

I installed one on my 3650 this weekend. Requires drilling holes in the table to secure the mounting brackets, but it was easy enough. Took me probably 2 hours total.

To be honest, I don't know that its that much of an improvement over the ridgid fence (which never gave me a lick of problems) but it will make it easier to mount an outfeed table - and at $80, how could I say no? If I ever sell the ridgid, this fence will come with me...

Chris Fierro
08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
FYI Everyone, Lowes in Warwick RI (the big one off of 95) has two more of these for $80.

I got mine!

Greg Dykes
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Bill, I just had to jump in here and let you know you paid too much for this product. WAY too much!!!!!

I have bought a total of 3 of 6 at $50.00 each.

Ken Belisle
08-28-2007, 11:58 AM
.....somewhere in the Atlanta region, there's a poor soul scouring all the Lowe's stores looking for the Beisemeyers you've scarfed up!

Unless he has 6 table saws, I guess we can look for them on e-bay for $200 each in the near future. Lowes ran a sale on Delta 13" planer blades a while back and every store in my area was sold out day 1. Guys who didn't even own a Delta planer were buying them up like crazy. Anything to make a buck, I guess.........and being in the right place at the right time.

Jeff Monson
08-28-2007, 1:05 PM
thanks for the info guys, I bought one today also, had to have it shipped as the closest lowes with one in stock was 250 miles away, but it only cost 19.79 for shipping.