PDA

View Full Version : Rong Fu Jointer/Planer?

Lance Sones
08-26-2007, 6:46 PM
Anyone ever heard of it?

I have a small (12x16) shop and a smaller budget for ww tools; and since I'm a novice and will be working primarily with twoby BORG lumber, this combo unit may be just what I need.

It's used and for sale locally and the specs are:

model RF-PT150. Electrical Rating: 115vac 60hz 9.5a. Cutting width/block thick 6"/0.393" - 4". Planer cutter cap. 0" - 0.1". Spindle RPM 5580. Cutter velocity 3105 F.P.M

Mike Cutler
08-27-2007, 5:15 AM
Lance

Rong Fu is a machinery fabrication maker in Taiwan. They make macines to spec for a lot of companies.
Most of the vertical "benchtop" milling machines that you see from various sources are the Rong Fu 30 design with someone elses name on it.
I know they do a lot of metal machinery, it wouldn't surprise me if they did woodworking machinery also.

If the jonter is a good deal, on price, I'd be tempted to go for it. The parts are almost universal between 6" jointers.

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-27-2007, 8:37 AM
I know a lot of guys love their little Miller they make just for wood and some light Aluminum.

Personally I'd prefer a Bridgeport but I think the Rong Fu spins faster than the Bridgeport.

I am sure they make a pretty goof JP.
However why not go with a more known J/P manufacturer like Felder, Hammer, MM Etc.,

Lance Sones
08-27-2007, 8:47 AM
Thanks guys.

I heard from the seller last nite. It's a twnenty year old machine that she claims has never been used? Anyway, I think Cliff's right. Better to go with a known mfg.