PDA

View Full Version : Bts15

Jerry Bittner
08-25-2007, 9:53 PM
I have the Craftsman model of this Ryobi 10" table saw. Only use it for dado cuts but lately the mechanism to raise and lower the blade is "sticky." I know somewhere on this site I saw detailed information about replacing the shims that assist in raising the blade up and down but that was quite awhile ago and a search did not turn up anything.

Anybody have information about how to replace these shims? The Sears manual and the Ryobi site does not show how to do it and the parts breakdown is almost useless.

Thanks.

steve fleischmann
08-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Go to BT3central.com, you can do a search there. Lots of great info, tips, bargain alerts on that forum.

Steve

Jim Heffner
08-28-2007, 11:58 PM
I wasn't aware that the Bts15 or the BTs20 had any motor shim type problems that would cause the blade elevation problems you described.
I think that you would be better off, checking the blade elevation screw assembly for excess dust, crud and dirt build up. Give those areas and the rest of the saw a really good cleaning with a stiff nylon or brass bristle brush and an air hose. After the thorough cleaning, lubricate, all the moving parts EX: blade lift and tilt, with a really good lubricant like a spray on white lithium grease or something like that. It will probably
solve most of your problems. Jim Heffner