PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt scroll saw vibration

Carl Crout
08-25-2007, 4:45 PM
I just bought the DW scroll saw. At high speed it has lots of vibration. Sawdust and pieces of wood will vibrate right off of the table.

Is this normal? I thought that this saw was suppose to have little to no vibration.

Chuck Lenz
08-25-2007, 5:07 PM
Carl, did you read the manual ?

Carl Crout
08-25-2007, 6:17 PM
Sure

What are you referring too?
I saw "dont pick it up by the upper arm and let the motor's brushes "burn in".
Did I miss something?

Chuck Lenz
08-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Well I don't know Carl, what did you mount the saw to ? Are you useing the material hold down clamp when sawing ?

Barry Anderson
08-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Carl ... If your saw is vibrating at high speed, increase the tension on the blade. Also, check to see that the blade is not slipping through the mounts and getting loose. I've one of the Dewalt Scroll Saws and this is what I have learned about it. I mount the blade as tight as I can get it and then move the tension guage to about 4.5.

Barry in WV

Carl Crout
08-26-2007, 8:56 AM
Thanks Barry

John Thompson
08-26-2007, 9:38 AM
I just bought the DW scroll saw. At high speed it has lots of vibration. Sawdust and pieces of wood will vibrate right off of the table.

Is this normal? I thought that this saw was suppose to have little to no vibration.

Good morning Carl..

I assume you have it mounted on the DW base which is a tripod. The tripod offers more stablity on an un-even floor as most of us have if they are concrete. But... my DW 788 still had some vibration on the very highest setting so I took an alternative action and added weight to a home-made base while keeping the tripod design. Put it on casters and kiled 3 birds with one stone.

Good luck solving the problem.. BTW.. if you don't have a the DW tripod base, PM and make me and offer.

Sarge..

Chuck Lenz
08-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Carl, I don't know how you can expect much help when you give such limited imformation, and you don't answer the questions.