PDA

View Full Version : Lowes plays dirty.

Bill Wyko
08-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, I got 2 of the fences but one of them is missing the rails to mount it to the saw. The Manager of the Valencia store in Tucson where we gotr them says they won't refund the close out item and if I want the rails I have to buy them from Biesmyer. Fortunately the manager of the store that does not have them on sale said he would exchange the fence for one with all the parts.

Jason White
08-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I bet that if you email this person at Biesemeyer, she'll send you the missing parts for free (but don't quote me on this)...

nita@biesemeyer.com

JW

Well, I got 2 of the fences but one of them is missing the rails to mount it to the saw. The Manager of the Valencia store in Tucson where we gotr them says they won't refund the close out item and if I want the rails I have to buy them from Biesmyer. Fortunately the manager of the store that does not have them on sale said he would exchange the fence for one with all the parts.

Tony Porter
08-25-2007, 1:04 PM
close out items are sold as seen i have bought many items cheap on the bargain table and i normally get a disclaimer on the reciept so you cant go back and exchange it

allways check everyting is there

Bill Wyko
08-25-2007, 1:13 PM
My BIL picked them up and brought me one of them so I wasn't able to look at the contents. The store we got them at doesn't have any more. It should work out ok at the other store which is better for me anyway. The one we got them at is all the way across town. The one willing to help is 2 miles away.:)

Josiah Bartlett
08-25-2007, 1:52 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to the 50" rails....

Bill Wyko
08-25-2007, 1:54 PM
I asked, they don't have any:(

Dave Lehnert
08-25-2007, 6:22 PM
I think calling lowes "Playing dirty" when they are selling an $400 item for $80 A stretch. A comment like this is what makes retailers just toss stuff in the dumpster instead of giving us a deal and have someone get on the internet and give them a bad name. But Hey! It’s just one mans opinion.

Bill Wyko
08-25-2007, 6:49 PM
I think selling me a fence missing parts then not wanting to do anything about it no matter what the price, is playing dirty. The fence is worthless with out the rails. How long does it take for you to make 80 bucks?

J.R. Rutter
08-26-2007, 2:42 AM
I would love to have an extra fence w/o rails for $80. Guess I'll stop by Lowes tomorrow.

Richard Wagner
08-26-2007, 6:01 AM
You made the decision to buy for $80! Think of it as a faulty sound system. Would you offer an exchange that works?

Bill Wyko
08-26-2007, 3:56 PM
I offer lifetime warranty on all installations and exchange for the 1st 90 days if there's a problem. PM me and I'll show some of our work.
I have good news though. I went to the store that had them at full price and it turned out that the tool guy at the store used to be the MATCO tool guy for me for years. He made it very easy to just pick up the rails. Now THATS customer service.:D