PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 10-325 assembly... extra nuts?

Patrick Taylor
08-24-2007, 9:24 PM
I assembled the base of my Rikon, got some buds to help me lift the saw onto the base, then went about attaching the bolts. They give you 4 bolts, 2 washers each, and a hex nut, and then a lock nut with a nylon insert too. :confused: I installed them in this order (top down): bolt, washer, saw base plate, stand top plate, washer, hex nut. Am I supposed to add the lock nut behind the hex nut? The directions are less than clear. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Carl Oresick
08-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Ok, I just went through this myself. You can "almost" see this on the tiny instructions drawing. From the BOTTOM: bolt - washer - stand hole -washer - hexnut (now you have a post) - BS plate - small washer - locknut.

There were some extra smaller washers that I used under the locknuts. By having the locknut on top you know that you haven't lost any hardware as long as you can see them.

Patrick Taylor
08-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Ok, I just went through this myself. You can "almost" see this on the tiny instructions drawing. From the BOTTOM: bolt - washer - stand hole -washer - hexnut (now you have a post) - BS plate - small washer - locknut.

There were some extra smaller washers that I used under the locknuts. By having the locknut on top you know that you haven't lost any hardware as long as you can see them.

Got it. Make the post first. but.... my saw is in place already! :( I had my help today. Do I have to call them back for another trip to lift off the saw and get that hex nut above the stand plate? is there any other way to do it?

Thanks SO MUCH for your help.... :)

Carl Oresick
08-25-2007, 1:28 PM
I think you should still able to get at everything, albeit cramped, from inside the stand - unless I'm missing something. I was able to tighten up the hex nuts that way after the saw was already on - a small wrench fits in above the stand/below the saw.

I put my stand on by laying the saw down on its spine, putting on the stand and then lifting it back up (not having the heavy table on yet helps). Was not that heavy with the leaverage and all.

Patrick Taylor
08-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the help Carl. I was able to redo those bolts without removing the saw. Big PITA, but done. I wish they gave you 4 more washers to go under those locknuts. I had to scrounge.

Paul Gauthier
08-26-2007, 9:46 PM
When I mounted my saw to it's stand I substituted larger bolts. The ones that came with it are just too small, 6mm maybe, I went with 5/16", washer on top, washer on the bottom, nylock nut. seems good.