PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a myspace

Bill Wyko
08-24-2007, 8:42 PM
Anyone have a myspace account? Just thought it would a good way to see peoples work.:)

Patrick Taylor
08-24-2007, 9:19 PM
bah... every myspace page I ever saw was obnoxious.

On a similar note, I think a good way to share work and be able to comment on other's work would be through flickr. You can upload photos, automatically add them to "pools" of photos (for which others are automatically shown new additions), have a list of "contacts" whose photos you can see in one spot, and comment directly on any one photo (and even box off sections of a photo to comment on one particular piece of a photo). It's much more conducive to what we do here than myspace, I think. That said, isn't sharing and discussing work what SMC is for?

In fact, I use flickr to house my woodturning "gallery", so potential customers or others can just watch for new additions to the gallery.

Jim Becker
08-24-2007, 9:27 PM
Google's Blogger is also very easy to use and supports direct upload of pictures...great for "story" type displays, but not as good if you want a gallery.

Patrick Taylor
08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Google's Blogger is also very easy to use and supports direct upload of pictures...great for "story" type displays, but not as good if you want a gallery.

Agreed. I use blogger to manage content on my woodturning blog, but flickr to house my photos.

Gene Kennedy
08-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Google's Blogger is actually a good idea. The number of pages you can set up is endless. So, if someone wanted to go the Blogger route they could just put thumbnail images on the front page and/or in the sidebars that link to individual pages with a full size image and whatever text they wanted associated with that particular item, plus there is the added benefit of allowing the people that look at your pieces to leave comments, or even purchase items via a PayPal shopping cart. With a little creativity you can make a regular Blogger account look as good as most of the online "storefront" type web pages, and it's free.