PDA

View Full Version : Stinson revealed

Bill Wyko
08-24-2007, 7:39 PM
I don't know how this stinson stuff got started but I thought I'd let you all in on a little secret. The use of plastic wrap over paint has been around a long time in the automotive paint world. When you see a custom paint job that looks like marble.....it's done with plastic wrap. You put down a solid base color then you spray a marbleizing paint over it then lay plastic wrap over it while it's still wet and peel it up.....WHALLA Marbleized paint. Stinson revealed!:eek:

George Guadiane
08-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't know how this stinson stuff got started but I thought I'd let you all in on a little secret. The use of plastic wrap over paint has been around a long time in the automotive paint world. When you see a custom paint job that looks like marble.....it's done with plastic wrap. You put down a solid base color then you spray a marbleizing paint over it then lay plastic wrap over it while it's still wet and peel it up.....WHALLA Marbleized paint. Stinson revealed!:eek:
I'm not sure Bill, but I don't think that the Stinson finishes are so much for aesthetics as they are to defend from alien life forms reading our minds or... I don't know, you will probably have to do a search for "Stinson" and see, I know there is a long and storied history of the secret Stinson finish. It's here, on these boards, but you have to want it! :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
08-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Uh.....George.....You might read this thread....see if you find anything similar to what you are describing.... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=64118

If you do...Would you mind disclosing your location so we can contact authorities...er....friends to help you.....:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Bill Lantry
08-25-2007, 9:59 AM
ok, I give up. Where does one find the instructions for how to acheive this now legendary stinson finish? Do I have to go to mars to discover it's mysteries?

Thanks,

Bill

Ken Fitzgerald
08-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Bill...........Maybe Travis should write a book about it ....or maybe an article that we could post as a sticky in the turner's forum?

Curt Fuller
08-25-2007, 10:13 AM
ok, I give up. Where does one find the instructions for how to acheive this now legendary stinson finish? Do I have to go to mars to discover it's mysteries?

Thanks,

Bill

I don't think the Stinson finish is anything you can find. It's not in the lathe, the tools, it doesn't come out of a can. It's the touch that comes from the one and only Stinson.

Bill Wyko
08-25-2007, 1:22 PM
That would explain why my other truck that has a marbleized paint job has never been abducted. Most ailens won't even come close to it.:D