PDA

View Full Version : cheers to Knoxville Woodcraft

Bill Chapman
01-26-2004, 7:29 PM
Hey guys I'm new to this but want to help. First I would like to give a big thank you to Dave Harding and his Woodcraft store here in Knoxville. I told him of the project and he gave me 10 kits and blanks to get started, I have them turned and will forward them shortly. He also said he would be glad to collect pens in our area and forward them until we can work out our shipping means. Last he is also the president of our local turning club so he and I are going to challange them to join us and do their part. Our next meeting isn't for approx. 3 weeks though. But for now my partners and I would like to turn some more pens (one of them is only 12 but very good). Let me know how we can aquire some kits and blanks.

Thanks for such a worthy cause

Bill Chapman
01-26-2004, 8:19 PM
Sorry but I almost forgot Dave is contacting a local company Narioc ( yes its corian spelled backwards) to see if they will make some special blanks and if they will donate them to us I'll update you when I know something

Tom Sweeney
01-26-2004, 8:46 PM
This is a great program & having folks like you on board will help us all to reach our goal.

I haven't had a chance to stop in at the local woodcraft but a few others have posted that their local stores put a collection box, with a freedom pens flyer, out where customers can buy pen kits & leave them in the box. Then you can pick up the kits every so often & turn some pens for the project. Remember, this will be an on-going project for a while.

Good luck & keep turning!