PDA

View Full Version : Train, no commercial potential

George Elston
08-23-2007, 1:43 PM
A few weeks ago I posted a request for a train file, and got a response very quickly. At the time I promised that I would return the file all ready to cut for anyone that was interested. Well it kind of got out of hand, and last Sunday this is what developed. These are for a friend's 3 year olds birthday party and thank goodness they only need 10. They will be filled with candy, and if I know my 3 yr olds will be scrap paper in 5 minutes. Any resemblance to other trains real or imaginary is purely coincidental. No actual trains were harmed in the production of this piece.

The pattern is in 2 page files, we cut it out of 8.5 x 11 construction paper. The circles in the corners are for a jig to hold the base piece and the different stencils for spray paint. Yes we could have printed it on the computer first but it would not have been nearly enough tedious work.

The first page is the train body, and the second page the pieces. To be fair my idea to have 2 sets of wheels, or are they called cars on a locomotive didn't work as well the strengthen the piece as my wifes adding of a cross brace by hand, anyway here it is if anybody wants to play with it.

Sometimes ya gotta do sometin jus fer fun

George

Shane Turner
08-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Great idea! I know another 3 year old who will enjoy that just as much! He loves trains that look coincidentally like some other trains we know.

Thanks alot!

Jim Watkins
08-24-2007, 6:13 PM
My sons loved it too. They were looking over my shoulder while I was reading this post and wanted to know why there was no number 1 on the train.

The company that this coincidentally resembles is greatly protective of it's trademarks.

Be very careful.