PDA

View Full Version : HVLP Guns - Preferences?

Gary Curtis
08-22-2007, 6:57 PM
I'm looking to get a 'conversion' gun used with my regular air compressor.
To save money on buying Turbine, and also to avoid the motion restriction posed by that fatter turbine air hose.

With the $450 -plus saved on the Turbine itselft, I would prefer to dump some of that money into a first rate gun. What's your favorite?

Gary Curtis

John W Parker
08-22-2007, 7:42 PM
I have a Asturo ECO gun that I like very much. I also have a Walcom GEO gun. The Walcom atomizes a little better, but when using water based finishes it tends to get build up on the tip. Not a big problem as long as you remember to check the tip after a long spraying period. Sata probably builds the premium gun overall but they are expensive.

Carroll Courtney
08-22-2007, 8:41 PM
Gary,I purchase the Binks Mach 1 w/2qt pressure pot about 3yrs ago and love it.I paid around 600 for the set up.I purchase another gun (Mach 1) off of ebay for 125.00 and its like new.I have seen the 2qt pots also for around 250.00 or so. You can spray laq,wb,oil.I have not tried latex.Most tips do require about 10-12 cfms,so you do need a good compressor.I have and still do use my 4cfm dewalt compressor,to spray.I thin it down alittle more to help the compressor some,and pause alittle during spraying and that helps also.Keep in mine that you can turn the gun at any angle and spray since there is no cup attach to the gun.Visit their web site and check them out.

Jim Becker
08-22-2007, 8:43 PM
I have and use the Wagner HPLV conversion gun which sells for about $130. It's worked very well for me.

Larry Fox
08-22-2007, 8:54 PM
Give Jeff Jewitt at Homestead a call and he will point you in the right direction. I just picked up a Walcom setup from him and love it so far.

Art Mann
08-22-2007, 9:12 PM
I have and use the Wagner HPLV conversion gun which sells for about $130. It's worked very well for me.

Go to Jim's website and read the review. Also, go to the Gleem Paint website and read their comments on the same gun. It looks like a great combination of capabilities and price. From what I have read, it will work fairly well with a modest compressor. I plan to buy one.

Cody Colston
08-22-2007, 9:44 PM

When I went looking for a conversion gun I came across your review. That review and the very affordable price convinced me to also get the Wagner.

I've been using a Sharpe conventional spray gun and basically coating everything in the shop with the overspray. I'm looking forward to using the Wagner.