PDA

View Full Version : I finally broke down and bought a Festool TS-75

Bill Wyko
08-22-2007, 4:49 PM
My workshop is small, only 12x20 and it's crammed with lots of great tools. Problem is, even though I have a PM table saw, trying to cut a full sheet in these confined quarters is difficult and dangerous. Hence the need for the TS-75. Now I can set up saw horses outside and use it like a portable table saw and once the pieces are at a managable size I can use the table saw as a dado saw. I feel this justifies the purchase. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D Pics to follow tomorrow.:)

Brice Burrell
08-22-2007, 5:19 PM
Get their router to run dados with the guide rail and your table saw will become a work table. ;)

Bill Wyko
08-22-2007, 5:35 PM
I saw the router and It's on my to get list next. Along with the vacume, palm sander and jigsaw. CHACHING! Sometimes it's dangerous that Woodworkers lets me do lay-away.:D

Tom Cowie
08-22-2007, 5:50 PM
My workshop is small, only 12x20 and it's crammed with lots of great tools. Problem is, even though I have a PM table saw, trying to cut a full sheet in these confined quarters is difficult and dangerous. Hence the need for the TS-75. Now I can set up saw horses outside and use it like a portable table saw and once the pieces are at a managable size I can use the table saw as a dado saw. I feel this justifies the purchase. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D Pics to follow tomorrow.:)

Hi Bill

Got the same set up and love it. I also have a small shop and do most all cutting of sheet goods with the 75. Great saw and rail team. I too mostly leave the dado blades in the table saw now. Hope you enjoy your new setup as much as I enjoy mine.
Tom

Bill Wyko
08-22-2007, 5:53 PM
The one thing I can't seem to get use to is not watching the blade as I cut.:cool: "Luke, use the force"

Dixon Peer
08-22-2007, 6:35 PM
Dados with a router in plywood can make for an ugly mess occasionally. You're better off with the table saw and a good dado set up.

I found this out the hard way...makes for the best learning experience.