PDA

View Full Version : Gloat-Finally

Ray Dockrey
01-26-2004, 4:08 PM
I finally got to get a new chuck. I had a cheap one I had got from PSI, but I outgrew it and needed the expandibility of using different jaws. I also got real tired of needing three hands to tighten my old chuck. I bought the Super Nova. They are sure expensive, but will be worth it in the end. I got it at lunch, so I haven't had a chance to get it cleaned up and working. Maybe I will leave a little early.

Jim Becker
01-26-2004, 4:55 PM
Congrats on the new chuck, Ray. You'll really appreciate how much it can do and how much easier to use it will be than the inexpensive unit.

John Miliunas
01-26-2004, 5:52 PM
Ray, when I first got my lathe, I bought the Nove Compact chuck. Pretty decent little unit, but just not enough capacity. Last Summer, I stepped up to the Super Nova. The Compact is now a "spare" and reserved for small work. Just recently, I also added the Cole jaws to the setup. Ray, you're just gonna' love that chuck! Please, write back and let us know how you do with it! Congrats and enjoy. :cool:

Ray Dockrey
01-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks a lot for the kind words. I got to use it a little last night and man is it nice. It is incredible how much it will hold with not much tightening pressure. I am going down today to buy a few more jaw sets that I need, but I am really inpressed so far. I did find it a little stiff when loosening it or tightening it, but I am guessing that is from the locking system and it being new.