PDA

View Full Version : Blower for new Epilog engraver

Tim Baude
08-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone...still kinda new at this. My Epilog Helix 45 watt shows up this week and finishing my shop. Any ideas on what to use for the blower to the outside? I didn't purchase or receive one from epilog, but figured I could buy one local. What will I need to do this. I will blowing directly outside of my gargage which is in the process of renovations. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Tim

Ed Maloney
08-22-2007, 7:22 AM
Here's one discussion thread and there are others which talk about garage exhaust set-ups as well.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=47353

Joseph B. Chritz
08-22-2007, 8:21 AM
Hi Tim,
I went to our local Menards, also pick up a wireless remote there. My blower (dust collector) is in the next room, just push a button to turn it on.

Brian Robison
08-22-2007, 8:35 AM
Hi Tim, I use a blower from Harbor freight. Penn Industries has them also. 4 inch hose from Lowes.
Think about building a dog house for the blower to
keep the noise down, same thing with a compressor.
Where are you located?

Stephen Beckham
08-22-2007, 8:43 AM
Tim,

I got one from Epilog and a second for the craft bus locally. The only difference was that the locally purchased one didn't have a great seal between the blower and the exit tube. So even when I put the 4" on it and ran it out the door, there was seepage around the edges.

Not a major issue - I just placed it in my partner's area...:eek:

Marc Myer
08-22-2007, 1:22 PM
It's also a good idea to use a larger diameter tube to connect the engraver to the blower. Air doesn't behave like water; your 4" outlet will perform better connected via a larger (I use 8") tube to the blower.
I've been using a 940cfm Dayton blower from Grainger (I have a 6' run between engraver and blower) and like the performance and quiet operation.

Joe Pelonio
08-22-2007, 1:58 PM
Mine's also from Grainger, Fantech FX10XL 590CFM and has been quiet now for 3+ years except the day when is sucked up a piece of card stock. It's 10" with reducers to 4" duct.