PDA

View Full Version : Jim O'Dell - Lowe's/Biesmeyer - TIP

Teresa Jones
08-21-2007, 6:34 PM
Jim,

I live in Carrollton and the Lowe's here has three of the fences in stock if you are interested.

I found the secret is to call with the item #(237671) and have them look it up for you. I visit three stores without luck and all of them had the fence in stock when I called and inquired with the item number.

You may be able to find it closer to you with the item number.

TJ

Mark Rios
08-21-2007, 6:43 PM
I just called my local Lowes and they had one left in stock. However, the "reduced" price was $340!!!!!!

I told him that a friend of mine got his for $80 and he said that he didn't think that there was ANY way that they would come down that low.:( :( :(

DANG!

Mark Rios
08-21-2007, 7:05 PM
I called my local Lowes as I mentioned in the post above and then called the next closest store and was told the same price, $340. But I thought, "Well, I'll call one more and see waht happens". So I called the next nearest store, about 40 miles away and they had three. I was cringing when she asked me if I wanted to know how much but I was surprised and delighted to hear her say $80!!!

This is the East Hammer Lane, Stockton store for you folks here in central/northern CA. Just keep calling around to find others if this one isn't close to you.

I'm off to go get my fence!:D :D :D

Jack Clay
08-21-2007, 7:28 PM
Sorry I missed what Lowe"s is selling for 80 dollars.Can somebody bring me up to speed.

Jim O'Dell
08-21-2007, 7:50 PM
Jack, it's the Biesemeyer 30 commercial fence for table saws. Some have bought it as low as 50.00! I have a scan of the receipt.
Teresa, thanks for the heads up. The store in Weatherford has at least one, (computer in Ft. Worth says Weatherford has 4) but I need to talk to the tool mgr to get a better price. It's currently marked at 200.00 at that store. I'm in no hurry, and in fact really don't need one, but it's one of those things that you know you'll kick yourself for later if you don't grab one.:D
I'll keep looking and see if I can get one at the lower price. If not, it won't be the end of the world. Jim.

Chris Barnett
08-21-2007, 9:12 PM
Whew....just got back from Lowes. But first, called my favorite Lowes and some dude in Crossville, TN just bought the three they had in stock...for $80 each, but guy there told me of another store that had one on display, the only one in the area. He said they had gone back up to $400, but thought the store would sell at the reduced $80 price. He was right :D . Its in my basement and all I need now is a table saw :o . Been using a Sears 12 inch radial [radical] arm saw for 34 years and am tired of verifying my life insurance is paid up every time I rip a board. One nice thing I can say about the radical arm saw...you can measure with a crayon since the saw does not cut more accurate than the mark it makes. Reminds me of the lawn mower...yup, Sears...that I had to fix it each time just to use it. Got so mad I threw it in the lake. It was so worthless it wouldn't even sink...:D
No kidding though, name me a good table saw...Delta....Hitachi...or what.

Mark Rios
08-22-2007, 8:13 AM
Well, I got to the Lowes and I was SOOOOO disappointed. I had asked them to hold one for me so wehn I got there I went to customer service to look at it. As I got up to the counter I saw a shoppping cart with a box that had DELTA printed on it and pictures of a fence. I asked about it and was told that even though the computer said that there were three of the item numbers showing up (for the Biese, 237671), all they could find was this fence, a Delta fence, SKU 237669. AND, it was now $100, not the $80 that I was told. My questions about their inventory and their computer capabilities were met with shrugs and I was asked if I wanted to speak with Phillip.

So off I go to see Phillip. He ws very helpful even though it was his quitting time (5 o'clock). Actually he said it was about 10 minutes after his quitting time by this time. We talked about the disceprencies in SKU munbers and how the 36-"B"30 model (Biese) was in fact a totally different fence than the 36-"T" model (Delta). We looked around in different places for a while and I got seperated from him. I went to look for him but couldn't find him and I thought that he probably went into the back to go punch out for the day. I wondered around a bit more and a lady in a red vest came around a corner and said "He found it". I hadn't seen her before so I didn't really understand what she was talking about at first but then my bonehead brain kicked in and I jogged back down to the tool area. Philip popped out of one of the aisles and said that he had found "them" We went and looked and, sure enough, three plain brown boxes with the SKU hand written on them. One ws opened so I asked if I could look inside the opened one to confirm that it was what I was looking for. He said the he needed to go get onoe of those man-lift things to get it down.

He came back after 8 or 10 minutes with an official man-lift thing driver and they got the open box down for me. It was the right one. He said that he would give me a discount on the open box one if I would take it. I said that I would take all three if he made me a deal on them and then he wouldn't have to deal with them ever again. So. I got three for $70 apiece.By this time it was 5 minutes after 6 o'clock. Phillip went waaaay out of his way to be helpful and I thanked him profusely.

WoooooHoooooooooooo!!!!!!

But then I remembered that I had come up in my Toyota Corolla...........WITH my two dogs! But, after laying the back seats down and taking all of the parts out of the open box (and saving all of the packaging), my big dog laid down on the fences in the back seat while my healer got to ride in the front seat on the way home.

No pics, didn't happen so here are the pics.......

Squeezing three fences in through the trunk

70415 70417

The open box kit

and the other two sealed boxes

Thanks to all for bringing up the deal and thanks to Teresa for the tip and the extra encouragement to keep trying to chase them down. :D

Jim O'Dell
08-22-2007, 9:49 AM
Teresa, I forgot to ask what price they had them marked at for the Carrollton store? Was it 200.00 or 80.00? THANKS! Jim.

Wes Bischel
08-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Mark,
Make sure the Manager knows how Philip went out of his way. Usually all they hear about are the problems - when someone does good, we need to reward them any way we can! Maybe suggest to the Manager that Philip could use a pay increase or a bonus!

Wes

Matt Benton
08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
The Lowe's in Carrollton sold their 3 fences long ago. The still show up in the computer, but they no longer have them in stock...

Patrick Taylor
08-22-2007, 12:15 PM
...my big dog laid down on the fences in the back seat ...

Where's the picture of that? :)

Robyn Horton
08-22-2007, 1:24 PM
Jim can you send me a copy of the receipt for the fence. I have found 2 in a store close by.

David Tiell
08-22-2007, 1:47 PM
Finally found one for $80! Had to call a Lowes close to my boyhood home in Ohio (I live in Maryland) because all the ones here are still selling them for $200. My brother works within a mile or two of the Lowes and will pick it up for me. That works because I am going home to visit for 10 days next week and can pick it up then.

Teresa Jones
08-22-2007, 1:48 PM
I paid $80 + tax.

Teresa Jones
08-22-2007, 1:49 PM
Matt,

Did you talk to Thomas?

TJ

Matt Benton
08-22-2007, 5:42 PM
Teresa,

No I didn't, but the person I talked to told me they sold them months ago, but sold them under a different number, so the inventory wasn't adjusted.

Jack Clay
08-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I went today and pickup two of the fences I was surprised to see that they were commercial Biesemeyer for 70 dollars; I figured they were the home shop models. Thanks for the info.

Craig D Peltier
08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I got two today for 88 each. They were 110, she was nice and I got her to take 10% off if I bought two, OK twist my arm.:D

Matt Drewello
08-23-2007, 7:35 AM
I picked up one in Simpsonville, SC for $80. It was the last one and it took a while for them to find it. The Lowes in Greenville (Woodruff Rd.) has 3 but have them priced at $300. I asked if they would price match the Simpsonville store and they said they would not.

Sean Troy
08-23-2007, 8:49 AM
Would one of these fences fit a Grizzly TS and if so, could it be used to make a fence for a router built into the table? thanks, Sean

John Revilla
08-23-2007, 9:50 AM
Will these fit a Ridgid table saw? I bought 2 but have not gotten the table saw yet? Thanks. Godspeed.

Craig D Peltier
08-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Will these fit a Ridgid table saw? I bought 2 but have not gotten the table saw yet? Thanks. Godspeed.

Look at other post on this same topic. Right below my first post , I asked saem question. The guy said he had called Biesemeyer and they said ti would fit the 3650 but needed one hole drilled. You can call them directly an ask.

Scott Coffelt
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
No one in Kansas or Missouri has one, dang. I'd sure like to upgrade the one on my Grizzly.

Jason White
08-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Jim, are you near either of these stores in Texas?

http://forums.taunton.com/fw-knots/messages?msg=37282.37

Jack, it's the Biesemeyer 30 commercial fence for table saws. Some have bought it as low as 50.00! I have a scan of the receipt.
Teresa, thanks for the heads up. The store in Weatherford has at least one, (computer in Ft. Worth says Weatherford has 4) but I need to talk to the tool mgr to get a better price. It's currently marked at 200.00 at that store. I'm in no hurry, and in fact really don't need one, but it's one of those things that you know you'll kick yourself for later if you don't grab one.:D
I'll keep looking and see if I can get one at the lower price. If not, it won't be the end of the world. Jim.

Jim O'Dell
08-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Sorry Jason, I'm at work and Web (non) Sense won't let me go to that web site. Where are they located? I'm on the west side of Ft. Worth. I'll be home for lunch in about an hour and I'll try to look when there and see. Jim.

Jim O'Dell
08-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Jason, Mesquite is about 45 miles from me. Don't know where Pearland is. I'm going to guess Houston area or West Texas. Thanks!

Jason White
08-23-2007, 1:07 PM
If you're going to make the 45 mile drive, you should definitely call ahead first and make sure they have one (or more). A little gas money is cheaper than $100 to ship one of these guys.

JW

Jason, Mesquite is about 45 miles from me. Don't know where Pearland is. I'm going to guess Houston area or West Texas. Thanks!

Craig D Peltier
08-23-2007, 1:21 PM
No one in Kansas or Missouri has one, dang. I'd sure like to upgrade the one on my Grizzly.

Get one for 200 here in Kansas City http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/398753468.html

Richard Adamo
08-23-2007, 2:14 PM
I just got one from a Lowe's in Pittsburgh there are two left

Jim O'Dell
08-23-2007, 2:26 PM
If you're going to make the 45 mile drive, you should definitely call ahead first and make sure they have one (or more). A little gas money is cheaper than $100 to ship one of these guys.

JW

Yeah, I'm not going to travel that far for one. I plan on hitting the Weatherford store again, after talking on the phone to the tool manager, then that will probably be the end of it unless I'm in that area for other reasons. Like I said, I'm not hurting for one, so if I get it, great deal. If not, no big loss. Thanks again everyone! Jim.

Harvey Boshart
08-23-2007, 2:36 PM
I just found 3 in upstate NY and had my family pick one up!

Bill Wyko
08-23-2007, 3:20 PM
Got two last night for 80 bones each. The rest of the stores in Tucson are at 449.99. There are some on the selling sites for around 120.00. Both of my saws have 50" bies style fences so I didn't even need the fence but for the price I just couldn't pass it up.

Jim O'Dell
08-24-2007, 7:27 PM
Ok, I did what I promised myself I wouldn't do. I spent 2 1/2 hours tracking one down. Arl (who told me to go there?:D ) had one. Started out at Burleson 'cause they show to have 3. They did...3-36T30's:rolleyes: Well, at least Justin and I couldn't find any others, and the shelf space marked with the clearance tag for them was empty.
So I went on over to Arlington just to see since I was half way there. Took the back roads, almost got lost! Took forever. Traffic was horrible. Found a guy and asked and he pointed to one I was literally standing next to already on a cart!:o :o The box was pretty well torn open, but everything appears to be there. Marked from 80.00 to 60.00. We walked the store looking for the other 2 they show, not there. I hemhawed a little, asked if they could go any lower not knowing if all the bolts were there or not (really doesn't look like it had been taken out of the box) so they marked it down to 50.00. Figured I went that far, not likely to find another one, so I took it. If I check Weatherford again and they have one, I can get it to hold and sell later.
A plus is the Arlington store also had the 6-6-4 wye I need to finish up my cust collector ducting. Higher than I had paid at Lowes before, and certainly not the clearance prices I had seen on them, but I knew it would fit, and I could put it in this weekend.
I'm beat! I need to go unload the fence and hide it before LOML finds it in the back of my van!!:D Jim.

Jason White
08-24-2007, 7:37 PM
Our work is done here! :D

Glad it worked out, Jim.

JW

Ok, I did what I promised myself I wouldn't do. I spent 2 1/2 hours tracking one down. Arl (who told me to go there?:D ) had one. Started out at Burleson 'cause they show to have 3. They did...3-36T30's:rolleyes: Well, at least Justin and I couldn't find any others, and the shelf space marked with the clearance tag for them was empty.
So I went on over to Arlington just to see since I was half way there. Took the back roads, almost got lost! Took forever. Traffic was horrible. Found a guy and asked and he pointed to one I was literally standing next to already on a cart!:o :o The box was pretty well torn open, but everything appears to be there. Marked from 80.00 to 60.00. We walked the store looking for the other 2 they show, not there. I hemhawed a little, asked if they could go any lower not knowing if all the bolts were there or not (really doesn't look like it had been taken out of the box) so they marked it down to 50.00. Figured I went that far, not likely to find another one, so I took it. If I check Weatherford again and they have one, I can get it to hold and sell later.
A plus is the Arlington store also had the 6-6-4 wye I need to finish up my cust collector ducting. Higher than I had paid at Lowes before, and certainly not the clearance prices I had seen on them, but I knew it would fit, and I could put it in this weekend.
I'm beat! I need to go unload the fence and hide it before LOML finds it in the back of my van!!:D Jim.

Richard M. Wolfe
08-25-2007, 9:08 PM
Finally got one. I feel like the Grateful Dead...."What a long strange trip it's been". I called around yesterday and found a computer listing for two in Burleson at $80 apiece. Bought one over the phone and went there to pick it up today. A 70 mile trip. Guess what? Like a previous post said, just because it's in the computer doesn't mean it's in the store. If someone else tries this make them go lay hands on it to make sure it's there.

The asst. manager was very nice and called around and located three in Granbury which were priced at $200 (I already knew that). Since I had already made the purchase made arrangements for me to get it for the $80 price and it was on the way home for me. So I go through Ft. Worth and stop at Harbor Freight since it was right on the way and got some floor mats and nitrile gloves on sale and hence down the road to Granbury. My woodworking day.

Jim O'Dell
08-25-2007, 9:42 PM
You had a longer excursion than I did!! Glad you went home with one. Jim.

Al Willits
08-25-2007, 9:55 PM
Great deals, now if they'd sell the 50" version for $80 I'd be on that one asap.:D

Al

Jim O'Dell
08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Now if someone would just sell the 50" rails by themselves for another 50 smackers, I'd be estatic! Or of someone has the 50" and can't use anything that long...DON'T CUT THEM...I'LL TRADE!! :D Jim.