PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 32 EX 120 Watt Laser For Sale

Jim Healy
08-21-2007, 5:50 PM
Epilog 120 Watt Laser - $30,000 this machine was purchased new in 2003, I have less than 150 hours on this machine. You can cut or engrave many materials. Epilog is currently listing a similar used machine on their website, this machine is 75 watts and is listed for $29,995. http://www.epiloglaser.com/preowned.htm (http://www.epiloglaser.com/preowned.htm) My machine has almost twice the power of their laser at the same cost. This machine is in perfect condition. You will easily spend more than $45,000 for a similiar new machine today. I will gladly demonstrate. You will not find a better laser or value, anywhere. Included within this sale is the following accessories.

Split Beam Accessory - this will double the productivity by performing 2 operations simultaneausly, the beam splitter has a focal length of 2.0 inches and is used in conjunction with standard 2.0 inch lens

Rotate Accessory - using this tool you can perform laser engraving or cutting on clyindrical objects i.e. glasses, bottles, flashlights, etc..

Vector Grid - 32 inch, used for cutting

2.5 inch lens

2.0 inch lens (standard Lens)

Small compressor that is used for blowing debris during the lasering opertion.

Large 1 HP. blower/vacuume for machine ventilation.

Legend 32EX Technical Specifications
- Max Engraving Area 32" x 20" (812 x 508 mm)
- Max Material Thickness 9" (228 mm)
- Table Size 37" x 21" (940 x 533 mm)
- Laser Control Display Panel 4" x 3" LCD displays job graphic, stored file names, speed, power, run time, and more. Drop-down menus provide user control of all laser settings, calibration, and special features.
- Intelligent Memory Buffer Store unlimited files up to 32 MB. Rolling buffer allows files of any size (32 MB and larger) to be engraved.
- Operating Modes Optimized raster engraving, vector cutting or combined raster/vector mode.
- Motion Control System High-speed, continuous-loop, DC servo motors using linear encoding technology for precise positioning.
- Laser Source State-of-the-art, digitally controlled, air-cooled CO2 laser tubes are fully modular, permanently aligned and field replaceable.
- X-Axis Bearings Ground and polished stainless steel NeverWear™ Bearing system.
- Belts Advanced B-Style doublewide Kevlar precision drive belts.
- Resolution User controlled from 150 to 1200 dpi.
- Speed and Power Controls Computer or manually controlled speed and power in 1% increments to 100%. Vector color mapping links speed and power settings to any RGB color.
- Print Interface 10 Base T Ethernet or Parallel connection. Compatible with Windows XP/2000.
- Size and Weight 42" wide x 32.5" deep x 42" high (1067 x 826 x 1067 mm) 375 lbs (172 kg) - 120 watt cabinet is 34.5" deep (876 mm)
- Standard Features Air Assist (pump optional), Auto Focus, Red Dot Pointer, 2" focus lens, relocatable home, flash upgrade electronics.
- Electrical Requirements Auto-switching power supply accommodates 110 to 240 volt, 50 or 60 Hz, single phase, 15 amp AC.
- Ventilation System External exhaust to the outside required. Output diameter at machine is 6".
- Safety CDRH Class IIIa

Craig Hogarth
08-21-2007, 5:56 PM
http://www2.psy.ohio-state.edu/NPSA/photogallery/2005.11.11-14%20Neuroscience/homer%20drool.gif

Dave Fifield
08-21-2007, 5:57 PM
Nice! I wish I had a spare $30K - I'd buy it. I guess I'll have to live with my 45W version a while longer.....

I'm curious, Jim, may I ask why you are selling?

Cheers,

Jim Healy
08-21-2007, 6:03 PM
My goal was to make inlaid wood floor medallions - I came up with a lot of designs and built about 10 prototypes, but came to the realization that getting this to market was far more costly than I could swing. So it's time for the laser to go to a good home

Jim Healy
08-21-2007, 7:08 PM
I'd also like to add that I will include all the cad designs that I created for the wood floor medallions - these took 18 months to develop. In re-reading my posting, I mis-stated the purchase date. I purchased the machine in September of 2003 - not 2002.

Admin - Jim I corrected the purchase date in your post for you.
Keith Outten

lou damore
08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Jim, sorry to open up old wounds. Curious to know what high costs you encountered when you tried to start up your wood floor business. Surely the epilog would have been your highest cost.

What are the dimensions and weight of your epilog machine ?
What are the power ( electric ) requirements ? Would it plug into a residential outlet ?

Thanks ,

Lou

Jeanette Brewer
08-24-2007, 2:21 PM
Specs for Jim's 32EX machine: http://www.epiloglaser.com/l32ex_techspecs.htm

Jim Healy
08-24-2007, 7:53 PM
Purely, the go to market strategy. In order to sell the medallions you need to use Flooring retailers, custom home builders, high end home interior stores and decorators as your market channel. This market is spread pretty thin across the landscape - I put up a web site, and advertised where I could - basically ran out of $$$. Its a very viable business, if I were to jump back into it, I'd start local and try to build on a base. Unfortunatly; my job requires a tremendous amount of my time and cannot devote the time needed to make this successful. I also started making "wooden" clocks, I have some prototype designs completed and have done some components, but same story as above.

Jim Healy
08-24-2007, 7:58 PM
I'd like to add the the 120 watt laser will only run on 220 volt - the literature says 110, but it's 220. Thanks Jeanettee for posting the specs.

Jim Healy
08-24-2007, 8:07 PM
Also - it's not 3 phase, just regular household 220. You could either add a 220 outlet or tap off of a stove, dryer or A/C circuit - what's surprising, is the machine really doesn't consume a much juice - it connects to a 15 amp circuit (pretty small, compared to a stove 60 amp). When I asked Epilog why they didn't option 110, it's because you'd have to have a 30 amp circuit and a lot of panels don't support breakers that size.

lou damore
09-01-2007, 9:09 PM
Thanks Jim. Sounds like a familiar problem. Good luck with the clocks.

Lou

Jim Healy
10-04-2007, 4:51 PM
Well Folks -

Here it is, I'm still sitting on the laser - this is a great machine, you won't find a better deal.

It must be the price, how about $26,500.

A new machine with 100 less hours would almost cost you double that.

Bob Schubert
10-22-2007, 7:23 PM
Hi, Jim.

Have you found a buyer for the laser yet? I'd be interested in discussing a purchase if you still have it.

Thanks.

Bob

Al Popowski
10-23-2007, 6:27 PM
I sent you an email, I am interested in the laser.

Bill Jermyn
10-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm looking for a rotary attachment if you end up with it left over, or if the buyer wants to sell it.

Ricky Gore
10-27-2007, 1:27 AM
Please let us know if you sell it. I can't afford it, but this thread has caught my attention. (Nosey I guess) :)

I wish, I could.

Thanks,
Ricky