PDA

View Full Version : now that I have the Bies BC30 fence any saws sold without fence?

Larry Rasmussen
08-21-2007, 8:05 AM
I picked up one of the Beisermeyer fences at Lowes last weekend with a couple of vague plans in mind. One is to peruse Craig's List for a deal on a cabinet saw. The other was to check out the new market for something sold without a fence. Prefer hybrid or real steal deal on cabinet saw, may consider contractor style. Thing is I saw one last year in one of my catalogs, I was thinking it was Woodworking or Woodworker's Supply for a Powermatic but I went back to current catologs and don't see what I vaguely remember.

Anybody aware of a saw sold without fence and rails? At this point I'm as curious as anything else.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Larry

Sean Troy
08-21-2007, 8:07 AM
I've seen one store on ebay who is selling powermatic 64a contractor saws without fence. Not a bad saw.

Jim O'Dell
08-21-2007, 8:24 AM
I seem to remember Amazon having a Delta unisaw in the past year that was without a fence. Pretty sure it was a limited supply item. Might look into the refurb market also. Might be something there. Jim.

Jim Heffner
08-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I picked up one of the Beisermeyer fences at Lowes last weekend with a couple of vague plans in mind. One is to peruse Craig's List for a deal on a cabinet saw. The other was to check out the new market for something sold without a fence. Prefer hybrid or real steal deal on cabinet saw, may consider contractor style. Thing is I saw one last year in one of my catalogs, I was thinking it was Woodworking or Woodworker's Supply for a Powermatic but I went back to current catologs and don't see what I vaguely remember.

Anybody aware of a saw sold without fence and rails? At this point I'm as curious as anything else.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Larry
Larry, I think most of the delta saws can or could be purchased without the fence. I would think that any good reputable dealer of saws, would be
willing to make you a better deal on a saw without the fence unless he had to buy it that way with the fence as a package deal from the factory. Heck, it doesn't hurt to ask them for a better deal on a saw
minus the fence and see what he has to say....you never know what they will do to sell a saw these days especially, if he is have a slow month on selling saws! Jim Heffner

Chris Rosenberger
08-25-2007, 7:41 AM
Lowes in my area sell the Delta contractors saw without a fence. Amazon.com has been selling a Unisaw & contractors saw without fences.

John Clark-COLORADO
08-25-2007, 2:02 PM
Lowes in my area sell the Delta contractors saw without a fence. Amazon.com has been selling a Unisaw & contractors saw without fences.

I got one of those fence-less saws (Delta 36-979) from Lowes. Then bought a Unifence from Lowes for about $82. Nice combo, works well.

John

Joe Spear
08-25-2007, 3:50 PM
Saw Stop will sell you one.

Steven Triggs
08-25-2007, 4:13 PM
1. As has been mentioned, Lowe's sells the Delta 36-979 contractor saw with no fence. At my Lowe's, it is $449. Amazon sells it for $449 shipped, so you could save a little on sales tax. Although I'm not sure I'd go through the hassle of receiving a freight delivery for a savings of $31.43 (based on my local sales tax of 7%).

2. In most cases that I've seen, particularly with cabinet saws, even if you can find one without a fence, it won't save you money. For example, when I bought my cabinet saw, I got it from Amazon for, what I believe to have been, a great price. It came with a Beisemeyer 52" fence, and they were selling it for less than the same saw with no fence. I then sold the Beisemeyer, since I already had an Incra that I love, making the deal even better.

John Thompson
08-25-2007, 4:28 PM
Afternoon Larry...

Redmond and Son Machinery in Atlanta has a used Delta-Rockwell 34-450 cabinet saw without a fence in stock. Google Redmond and Son Machinery and it will take you to the site. Check Used and they also have re-conditioned.

There would be shipping.. so you would have to weigh in with your location to determine if that would be an alternative.

Good luck with your fence on whatever you mount it too.

Sarge..

Steven Triggs
08-25-2007, 4:51 PM
Check Used and they also have re-conditioned.

How do you browse their used stuff? I just looked and looked but can't find a link on their site for used.

John Thompson
08-25-2007, 6:36 PM
How do you browse their used stuff? I just looked and looked but can't find a link on their site for used.

Evening Bruce..

Go to site.. Click on LOCATE BY TYPE.. Scan down page as Woodworking on left and Metalworking on right.. T.. Tablesaw New (new and re-conditioned) .. Used is just below!

BTW.. where are ya as I see your in Georgia?.. I'm out in L'ville in Gwinnett!

Regards...

Sarge..