PDA

View Full Version : Mirror-Mirror-on the truck

Bob Rufener
08-20-2007, 10:40 PM
The used pickup truck I bought about 3 years ago has convex mirrors added to each of the outside mirrors. They really don't cover any more territory than the actual mirrors on the truck. I'd like to get rid of them. I believe they were added by the previous owner. I haven't tried anything as of now but am looking for suggestions as to how to get them off without screwing up the original mirrors. Heat? Chemicals? A large stray male dog? :) :o ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
08-20-2007, 10:47 PM
There is a liquid that is available that I use ...glue gone? It'll even take off the residual contact cement from things. I get it at a local Ace Hardware in the areas where you find your assorted adhesives......comes in a little can with a spout. You might try that.

K. L. McReynolds
08-20-2007, 11:37 PM
We used to saw them off with piano wire and scrape the adhesive with a sharpened putty knife and razor blade.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I'll bet a piece of a guitar sting with sticks attached to each end would do it too!

Stephen Beckham
08-21-2007, 8:47 AM
Maybe you could try Michael's Cordless Sawzall - then you'd have something to post to his Thread...

Okay - fun for us, cost for you... You're right - stick to the Goof Off like Ken mentioned... Slight pressure with soft plastic or popsicle stick while goofing should allow it to get under the adhesive...