PDA

View Full Version : Drawer slides template

Craig D Peltier
08-20-2007, 9:59 PM
Hi I was wondering if aynone here uses a jig like I'll try and explain here.
A guy showed me this a couple of weeks ago. He took two pieces of 1/4 inch ply.Cut to length 16" for a 16" slide.
One piece isnt quite is tall as the other. The not as tall piece is for inside or draw box side.You put it right on the bottom of drawer and it has predilled holes in it determined from the hole location on the slide.So you just pre drill and they easily mount.
As far as the taller one its for the outside or carcass. Same concept just a bit taller by 1/4 inch.
Mine was made for the Home Depot slides, I think he said he has a set for each draw slide length.
Anyways is there an explantion somewhere on theses jigs? How to be made for all brands of slides.
Heres a pic.70356

joe greiner
08-21-2007, 6:14 AM
I doubt that all-purpose jigs could be made for all brands, or even for all sizes of a single brand. I'm looking at a catalog of Accuride slides, and the heights and vertical offsets are all over the lot. Hole locations also seem to vary somewhat based on the photos. Best to make a set for each kit in hand (don't rely on catalog dimensions), and label it with the brand and model number, etc.

Joe