PDA

View Full Version : Week-end Project - He had to Help

Henk Marais
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
The most important one in my life is at the age where a lot of reading takes place. He has an extremely inqusitive mind and I love it:D :D .

His book collection is getting just to big to just be piled up on his dresser and desk in his room so I decided to make some verry basic cubes that can house his books.

He as usual was in the shop every step of the way. Except for when the compressor starts up. for some reason he hates the noise and always quickly leaves with some exscuse about going to love mommy.

Here are some picks

Michael Panis
08-20-2007, 1:03 PM
That was sure nice of your dad to help you with the box. But be careful--he looks like he's about to drink that can of finish. :D

Jim Becker
08-20-2007, 1:22 PM
Well, that looks like it was a fun time!!!

Jim Podsedly
08-20-2007, 2:06 PM
What a great time! That is how i learned.

Boxes look great.

Jim

Henk Marais
08-21-2007, 7:08 AM
He does seem to enjoy our sesions.

I am not forcing him to join me because the last thing I want to do is force my hobies upon him.

He is the one that is always draging me into the workshop. If it just look like something needs fixing he fetches his toy toolbox and starts fixing.

Grant Davis
08-21-2007, 7:41 AM
My daughters spend time in the shop with me on occassion. It's how I learned when I started with my great uncle. I practically lived with he and my Aunt in the summer time.

I offered my oldest daughter $50 to help me photo ID all of my tools and record the serial numbers. She jumped at the chance to make some money. She is also showing an interest in turning so I guess I now have to buy a lathe.