PDA

View Full Version : Recycling old steel frames

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Washer and dryer are on their way out. Busted and being replaced.

I have an option to retain the bodies. they are pretty heavy duty Leaving me the question - - - what to do with 'em.

Let the dealer take 'em away or -~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Make them into woodworking maching bases ~??

I can always use another router table.

Doyle Alley
08-20-2007, 1:25 PM
I had an uncle that took one (can't remember which) and converted the motor to run a belt-drive grinder.

glenn bradley
08-20-2007, 2:04 PM
I think a router table made out of a dryer or a front load washer would be hilarious. What a classic idea. Even if you built a cabinet and just used the housing as a skin it would get a grin.

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-20-2007, 3:43 PM
I think a router table made out of a dryer or a front load washer would be hilarious. What a classic idea. Even if you built a cabinet and just used the housing as a skin it would get a grin.

Heh Heh.
The bodies are sturdy and have self leveling feet.

I am such a shameful pack rat I should prolly just let 'em go. But ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ There just has to be a use for these things.

Chris Damm
08-21-2007, 7:52 AM
They are worth about $.07 lb. at the scrap yard.

Kyle Kraft
08-21-2007, 8:50 AM
I'm Fred Sanfords "other" son, and I wouldn't even keep them.

Scott Donley
08-21-2007, 2:11 PM
I'm thinking a nice flower planter in the front yard, would look good next to the old toilet with all the Ivy :D

Randal Stevenson
08-21-2007, 6:34 PM
Having a woodshop and sometimes working with metal, I am considering converting one to a grinder shield when it dies.

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-21-2007, 8:59 PM
I'm thinking a nice flower planter in the front yard, would look good next to the old toilet with all the Ivy :D

Right next to the little lady in the bathtub.

Tyler Howell
08-22-2007, 9:33 AM
Let them go!!!
They aren't very easy to move around, look tacky, and it kinda craters the appearance of your whole shop IMHO.

Bruce Page
08-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Let them go!!!
They aren't very easy to move around, look tacky, and it kinda craters the appearance of your whole shop IMHO.

That's what I'm thinkin'