PDA

View Full Version : A turner's labor never ends.........

Ken Fitzgerald
08-20-2007, 9:59 AM
Yesterday I noticed that I've managed to grow quite a stash of turning material on my carport in the last week...

There's wood from Arkyland.....Texas.....Now some from Idaho....

I'm all set to take a week off; disassemble the diving board; move everything over to the east side of the shop and finish the west side including installing the lights that have been sitting in there for 18 months. Then, move everything to the west side of the shop and repeat the procedure. Then near the end of September, order a b/s, dc, jointer and yes MUSTARD.

So yesterday SWMBO pointed to a glass vase sitting on the oak sideboard I made her......"I want one turned out wood that size"......she wants it before we have 30+ guests in September....then looking at the stash on the carport I noticed a roughed-out dried Bradford pear bowl given to me by Cecil Arnold while we were visiting in Houston.......Just need to finish turn and finish it......

I really did want that shop finished before all that new iron shows up!:eek: :o :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
08-20-2007, 10:36 AM
It's really terrible when the LOYL insists you spin wood in the shop.... :D

TYLER WOOD
08-20-2007, 11:19 AM
BOOOHOOOO!!! We don't feel sorry for ya. Anytime you get made to turn is a great time! No tears for ya here!

Paul Heely
08-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm sitting here at work trying to muster up some sympathy for you Ken. Can't seem to find any :D . Sounds like you'll have to take another week off ;) .

Steve Schlumpf
08-20-2007, 1:01 PM
Enjoy your week off! Looking forward to seeing the finished bowl and the vase!

Ian Welford
08-24-2007, 6:40 PM
Of course- you'll be needing some encouragement, food, pampering to "g
get you in the right mood to work" won't you????

Then there might be a few little tools arrive "essential for the job"- just don't open the boxes under observation from SWMBO.

Good luck on your "labour of love". I'm currently recovering from a broken ankle- learning to turn on one leg's interesting.
Get's kind of difficult to explain the chips to the trauma clinic when the changed the plaster but hey live and learn...

Ian

Bernie Weishapl
08-24-2007, 6:50 PM
Poor Ken. He has got it so rough. :D;):rolleyes::cool: Yea right. As my granddad would say Ken, "no step for a stepper."

Bill Wyko
08-24-2007, 7:23 PM
Sorry Ken, I looked everywhere and I just can't seem to find that darned sympathy anywhere:p OOOHHH here it is.......nope this ones empty:D If you don't have enough room for that wood, I'll help ya with your problem:D