PDA

View Full Version : jr. gentlemen's pen in stabilized box elder burl

Jeffrey Fusaro
08-19-2007, 5:57 PM
this was my first time using a stabilized pen blank. pretty nice to work with. for the finish, i sanded to 12000mm and applied renaissance wax.

i was pleased with the results. regarding the finish and the wood figure, i think this was the nicest pen that i have made, to date.

i am using "past tense" when referring to this pen since it left my possession immediately after being photographed. it was a "thank you" gift for our daughter's speech therapist.

i wish the pics were better, but this was my first time using my new phrugal photo tent. i need to spend more time sorting out the lighting and the placement of bounce cards.

thanks for looking.

Paul Heely
08-19-2007, 7:18 PM
Very nice looking pen. I'm sure the speech therapist will enjoy it. I think your photos look pretty good too.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-19-2007, 7:45 PM
Great looking pen Jeffrey! I just turned my first stabilized blank a few weeks ago. Good stuff!

Steve Schlumpf
08-19-2007, 9:26 PM
Great looking pen Jeff - I am sure it will be appreciated!

Patrick Taylor
08-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Awesome! I love the stabilized BEB. Is that from CUSA? It looks almost exactly like my recent fair-winner! We must be on the same wavelength. ;)

Your photos are looking great. Slight light tweaking might help, but it looks like you're essentially all set!