PDA

View Full Version : Two new acrylics

Patrick Taylor
08-19-2007, 2:26 PM
I LOVE these rhodium gent kits. They feel great in the hand! Here are two acrylics I just finished. LOML has finally stopped trying to keep them all (I was getting ready to start hiding them!) so I can try to sell a few. Thanks for looking.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-19-2007, 2:28 PM
Nice pens Pat! I just turned my first acrylic bottle stoppers. They turn like butter. Do the pen blanks turn that way too?

Patrick Taylor
08-19-2007, 2:34 PM
Nice pens Pat! I just turned my first acrylic bottle stoppers. They turn like butter. Do the pen blanks turn that way too?

They sure do! With a sharp skew it's heavenly. The only problem is when the ribbons start to wrap around your mandrel. :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
08-19-2007, 2:37 PM
Pat....the skew is my favorite tool and I found out after about 30 seconds...I have my air hose laying on lathe....I just blow those that wind around the mandrel with it spinning....works well and it's quick.....

Patrick Taylor
08-19-2007, 3:12 PM
Pat....the skew is my favorite tool and I found out after about 30 seconds...I have my air hose laying on lathe....I just blow those that wind around the mandrel with it spinning....works well and it's quick.....

That's a great tip! I've been very carefully touching the toe of the skew (upside down) to the the windings to "cut" them off, but I'm always afraid of slipping. We all know what a skew catch does to your nice work! :mad: I'll try your method now. :)

Bernie Weishapl
08-19-2007, 3:22 PM
Patrick those are great looking pens. I see why you have to hide them. I keep my DC hose right there as I am turning and have no problems with the curlies. Sucks them right up.

Paul Heely
08-19-2007, 5:13 PM
More excellent pens. Great job Pat. At the rate you are turning them I'd think you would have to start selling them or you'll run out of room to store them :) .

Ian Welford
08-19-2007, 5:40 PM
Nice work.

I just started trying pens- gets a bit addictive doesn't it? Trying one of the more complicated profile ones with three differenct diameters and a slow curve tomorrow ( bought 2 kits of parts just in case).

Cheers Ian

Steve Schlumpf
08-19-2007, 5:48 PM
You do really nice work Pat! Shouldn't have any problem at all selling your turnings!

Jeffrey Fusaro
08-20-2007, 6:24 AM
well done, patrick! i like both of them!