PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Super Jigs.

Chris Rosenberger
08-19-2007, 9:35 AM
With all of the delays with Leigh Super Jigs & the Vacuum & Router Support.
Are these being made in China?

Gary Keedwell
08-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Probably on that "slow boat" people are always talking about.:)
Gary K.

Jeff Heil
08-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I've been watching the delays on the Vacuum and Router Support since March. I hate the sawdust shower when doing HB dovetails on my D4 and will order one as soon as they are available. I like the extra support as well of this design.

Vijay Kumar
08-20-2007, 1:40 PM

Highland Hardware has an explanation on their blog. Essentially it is due to supplier summer shutdown which is causing this delay. They expect to be able to start shipping at the end of August.

Vijay

Barry Martens
08-20-2007, 2:14 PM
Good morning gentlemen. I have read the posts from the last two days and I would like to offer our thoughts. To begin, I can assure you, Super Jigs and the VRS Vacuum & Router Support are made in North America. Parts are made throughout Canada and the USA and final assembly is done in our factory in British Columbia, Canada.

Timing of new product introductions is always a challenge, especially when there are multiple dependencies. And of course, we want to be sure all product meets our high standards for quality. The good news is we anticipate the first shipments to take place in one week. Our first orders will go to our retailers and the "pipeline" will be filled as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

sascha gast
08-20-2007, 2:34 PM
Hey Barry, welcome to the fold.
good to know what's up

Steve Milito
08-20-2007, 3:17 PM
What's the difference between a D4R and a super jig?

Greg Funk
08-20-2007, 3:37 PM
What's the difference between a D4R and a super jig?
Here is some info: http://www.woodshopnews-digital.com/woodshopnews/200708/?pg=26.

I believe Leigh also has a comparison chart on their site.

Greg

Chris Rosenberger
08-20-2007, 5:20 PM
Thanks for the reply Barry.
I have a VRS on order. I am glad to hear that I can still buy something made in America.

James Hicks
08-20-2007, 8:18 PM
I have ordered the 18" from Woodcraft. They show that they will ship on the 31th. I hope the quality is as good as their other products.

Carl Crout
08-21-2007, 4:51 PM
Good morning gentlemen. I have read the posts from the last two days and I would like to offer our thoughts. To begin, I can assure you, Super Jigs and the VRS Vacuum & Router Support are made in North America. Parts are made throughout Canada and the USA and final assembly is done in our factory in British Columbia, Canada.

Timing of new product introductions is always a challenge, especially when there are multiple dependencies. And of course, we want to be sure all product meets our high standards for quality. The good news is we anticipate the first shipments to take place in one week. Our first orders will go to our retailers and the "pipeline" will be filled as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Glad to see you here Barry. Visit often and help us with our Leigh questions..:) Leigh is doing better than PC and their new Omnijig. The latest word from them is MAYBE November.
Thats why I ordered a SuperJig from Highland Hardware.:)