PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone put a Mast-r-slide on a PM 66?

Michael Lutz
08-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I have finally convinced LOML that I should get the Jessem Mast-R-Slide. Is there anything I need to be aware of specific to mounting it on the PM 66? I know I need to cut the rails down to install the slider.

Thanks,

Mike

Lee Hingle
08-19-2007, 12:18 AM
How about Laguna's pro sliding table attachment? I just got mine in this week but don't have it on my 66 yet - but here is the photo from Laguna showing it mounted on a 66.
Good luck with the Jessem.

P.S. I went with the Laguna because I needed more than 36" crosscut capacity.

Lee

Michael Lutz
08-19-2007, 9:16 AM
Lee,

Based on that picture, I see two issues with it for my situation. My saw needs to be mobile for the best utilization of my shop, the laguna looks to be stationary. I also don't have room for that long of a fence. I will be breaking down my panels with my EZ rails, so I won't as large of capacity slider.

Thanks,

Mike

Carl Crout
08-19-2007, 2:53 PM
How about Laguna's pro sliding table attachment? I just got mine in this week but don't have it on my 66 yet - but here is the photo from Laguna showing it mounted on a 66.
Good luck with the Jessem.

P.S. I went with the Laguna because I needed more than 36" crosscut capacity.

Lee

That looks like a copy of the Excalibur and Ekactor sliders. They are hard to keep aligned and if you bump a leg you will definitely have to realign it.
Everyone is trying to sell these and buy Mast R Slides for these reasons.

Ron Williams
08-19-2007, 7:05 PM
That looks like a copy of the Excalibur and Ekactor sliders. They are hard to keep aligned and if you bump a leg you will definitely have to realign it.
Everyone is trying to sell these and buy Mast R Slides for these reasons.

It looks like a slider off of a European sliding saw which is what it is. The Master Slide is serving a different purpose than the Exaktor (different capacities) and the design is more like the Euro sliders. If bumping the legs on a Exaktor knocks its out of adjustment then it was not set up properly or it was more than just a bump.

Lee Hingle
08-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi Carl,
This is the same sliding table Laguna puts on their own TSS table saw. It's nothing like an excalibur or exactor.I have used both and there is absolutely no comparison. Just my $.02
Lee