PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded the Chainsaw

Steve Schlumpf
08-18-2007, 6:51 PM
A few years ago I received a Mac 3200 chainsaw (14” bar) for Christmas. It was my first chainsaw and did everything I asked of it - but that was before I got into turning! Two weeks ago I just got fed up while cutting up logs for bowl blanks. You know what a challenge it can be to rip logs but the little Mac would actually quit! I would have to take it apart, clean everything and then hope that I could get it started again which didn't usually happen. After taking close to an hour to rip one log I figured there had to be a better way!

Did some research here on SMC on what everyone suggested and decided on the Husqvarna 357 XP with a 20” bar. Found it online, ordered it and was cutting wood in 5 days! At first I thought it would be a little intimidating using a ‘real’ saw but I find it a dream to use! The 20” bar makes all the difference while ripping and the power is just amazing! Nice to have a saw that starts when you want it to! Actually feel safer using this saw than the little Mac 3200 as I don’t have to stand the saw on it’s head to get it to rip a log!
Would have posted sooner but my camera just got back from repair today and we all know that if you don’t have the pictures – it didn’t happen!

Thanks for looking and if you are in the market for a chainsaw – be sure and check this model out as it is a real pleasure to use!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-18-2007, 6:59 PM
Congrats Steve! I hope it serves you well!

Pete Jordan
08-18-2007, 7:10 PM
Nice saw Steve!

I have a smaller Husky and really love it!

Christopher K. Hartley
08-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Cool Steve! Nice saw, now go put the fear of God in them thar trees!!:)

Bernie Weishapl
08-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Congrats Steve. That should serve you well.

Jonathan Harvey
08-19-2007, 8:22 AM
Very nice looking chainsaw ya got there. Enjoy it.

Patrick Taylor
08-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Great gloat steve! I have a smaller Husky and it's wonderful. Enjoy! :)

Randy Privett
08-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Steve,

Your going to love that saw, I know I do. Now get to making Hollowforms :).

Randy

Brett Baldwin
08-19-2007, 6:45 PM
I now know the pleasure of a "real" chainsaw also and I agree, it probably is safer to have the power do the work instead of you. Congrats.