PDA

View Full Version : The biese deal still going on?

Tyler Purcell
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey guys,

I have been reading a lot about the lowes sale on the biesemeyer fences. I have a craftsman zip code saw, and I was dying to buy the one w/ the biesemeyer fence, however, I could not afford the extra 300 dollars. If the fence is still on sale ofr $80 however, I will definitely add it to my outfit.

Thanks,

Tyler Purcell

Wes Bischel
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I picked up a Bies BC30 tonight for $80.:D ;) It's on closeout so I'm not sure if every Lowes will have the same price.

Tyler Purcell
08-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks, anybody else? I hope Jim or someone hasn't cleared out my Lowe's store in Warminster...

Kent Fitzgerald
08-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Tyler, there were two in the Quakertown Lowes as of Thursday AM.

Tyler Purcell
08-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks Kent,

I'll be giving a few stores a call tomorrow morning, then. Do I need a receipt or anything to match the $80 sale price?

Jeffrey Schronce
08-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Could someone please provide the SKU# so I can call around?

Thanks
Jeff

Rob Diz
08-18-2007, 12:31 AM
I got sucked in on this deal tonight on my way home. I stopped by my local Lowes, asked my buddy in the tool area, and said, yep, we have one left way up in the racks.

Now it's in my garage.

$80.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it. It's the whole set up, rails, table and fence. The thing is I have a Bies fence already - do I use this one for a dedicated Dado fence??

Tyler Purcell
08-18-2007, 1:03 AM
Ha! Thats a pretty great story Rob - another tool addict like myself. You could always wait a bit and then sell it online.

Kent Fitzgerald
08-18-2007, 8:14 AM
Do I need a receipt or anything to match the $80 sale price?
The two I saw were stickered $80.

Jim Becker
08-18-2007, 9:49 AM
Thanks, anybody else? I hope Jim or someone hasn't cleared out my Lowe's store in Warminster...

Na...nothing to worry about there. If I were going to buy a fence, it would be a UniFence, but I don't need to do that since my saw already has a Euro fence that's similar to the Uni! (And I most often go to HD, anyway...although I get to Wegmans more often than the home centers these days)

Seriously, it seems that Lowes is making a change to their product offerings; thus, all the blow-out of Beismeyer and UniFences we've been reading about lately. I can't imagine they are doing this just to sell more fences...

So just call each of the stores. Don't forget the one over in Flemington and down in Oxford Valley and Willow Grove as alternatives is Warrington is out.

Jason White
08-18-2007, 11:26 AM
You guys got me all excited about this, so I called every Lowe's in the Boston area and a couple of stores in New Hampshire.

I found one store in Woburn, MA. They had one listed in the computer as a "display" model, but nobody could find it. I got the store manager on the phone and he had a guy up on a ladder moving a bunch of boxes around in the overflow racks trying to find it. I left my phone number with the store manager and asked him to call me back if his guy found it. He did!! Turns out it was not a display model, but a complete kit brand new in the box.

$80 later, I've got a new Biesemeyer fence for my RIDGID TS3650. Nothing really wrong with my existing fence, but this was just too good to pass up!!

Don't bother trying to look this up on Lowe's website. It will tell you that the fence is "not available at your store." You need to actually get a manager on the phone and see if they have one in stock. They might have to dig around for one, but you might get lucky!

JW

Hey guys,

I have been reading a lot about the lowes sale on the biesemeyer fences. I have a craftsman zip code saw, and I was dying to buy the one w/ the biesemeyer fence, however, I could not afford the extra 300 dollars. If the fence is still on sale ofr $80 however, I will definitely add it to my outfit.

Thanks,

Tyler Purcell

Wes Bischel
08-18-2007, 11:30 AM
FYI,

The SKU is 237671 - at least that's the number on the receipt.

Wes

Larry Rasmussen
08-18-2007, 11:44 AM
All marked at $80 in tool dept. Two were sealed. I'm driving over now. If you happen to need a credit card the first purchase is 10% off. $72 might be the ultimate brag for one of these. By the way, it's really NORTH Seattle on Highway 99, just before 130th crosses I-5 and 99.

Larry.

Deck Reagan
08-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Picked up three last night in Omaha Nebraska. One for my Delta contractors, one for my friends craftsman contractor and one to sell.

In all cases they didn't think they had the fence in stock so I had them check the tube. They showed in stock so I made them dig. They were all on the third tier.

I now have one for sale in Nebraska.

Deck

Tanner Sammons
08-20-2007, 2:58 PM
Still waiting for these to drop in CO, Denver area. They are all still marked $200 in the system. I think the associates are getting tired of me doing walk throughs with my pooch and calling every other day.

Would any of you lucky creeker's, who have already picked this up at the $80 deal, be willing to scan your receipt and send it over to me so I can get my Lowe's to price match? It would be much appreciated!

Tanner

Jim O'Dell
08-20-2007, 3:50 PM
In some parts of the country they are being closed out for 50.00. I have seen a copy of a receipt where they were purchased. No luck in my part of the country though. Jim.

Jason White
08-20-2007, 4:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it actually rang up as $80 at the register, despite what the store manager is telling you. Others have had this experience.

JW

Still waiting for these to drop in CO, Denver area. They are all still marked $200 in the system. I think the associates are getting tired of me doing walk throughs with my pooch and calling every other day.

Would any of you lucky creeker's, who have already picked this up at the $80 deal, be willing to scan your receipt and send it over to me so I can get my Lowe's to price match? It would be much appreciated!

Tanner

Ken Shoemaker
08-20-2007, 5:14 PM
Tanner,
I got mine Saturday in Bourbonais Illinois. The store manager had no clue that it would ring up at $80.00. I sugest you grab while da" grabbin's good and take it to the register and see what happens. Otherwise, PM me and I'll scan and do what I can to help you.... I can fax it to you tomorrow if that will help.... Let me know (PM me).

BTW - I LOVE THIS FENCE!!!!! So much better that the T2 I had...

Roger Ronas
08-20-2007, 5:16 PM
Yea, found one in Colorado Springs, rang up at 80.00.

Kevin Murdock
08-20-2007, 5:59 PM
I got two this AM at my local store in Cary, NC.

$80 each.

Jason White
08-20-2007, 8:08 PM
Jim -- I saw a guy in Dallas post on FWW Knots that he got one for $80. Seriously -- just take one to the register and don't listen to what the store manager is telling you. You can always cancel the transaction if it doesn't ring up at $80.

JW

In some parts of the country they are being closed out for 50.00. I have seen a copy of a receipt where they were purchased. No luck in my part of the country though. Jim.

Doug Pettway
08-20-2007, 8:29 PM
there should be a computer terminal right there in the Tools department. they can look it up by item number and tell you what the price is going to ring up as before you get to check out.

Tanner Sammons
08-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Their terminal is still telling me $200. I tried to get them to match another Lowes store's $80 and they wouldn do it. I guess I'll stop in tomorrow, load it in a cart, run it through the register and do one of two things: buy it and dance out of the store or leave the fence in the cart and walk out.

I had a Bies on my Unisaw that I sold prior to moving to CO. I have a T2 on a used Delta Contractor's Saw and really miss the Bies, along with the unisaw...

Tanner

Norman Hitt
08-21-2007, 1:49 AM
there should be a computer terminal right there in the Tools department. they can look it up by item number and tell you what the price is going to ring up as before you get to check out.

Yeah, and the Store in Midland, Tx, (which has them in their computer but don't stock them) still comes up at $200, and Both stores in the Lewisville, Tx area still bring them up at $200 also. I sure don't understand how someone got one for $80 in Dallas, as that is in the same region as the Lewisville stores.

Norm, who needs two.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Doug Pettway
08-21-2007, 6:51 AM
the number in the computer is the number in the computer for that store. if it says $200 at the Tools counter thats what it will ring up as at the Cashier.

i went to three different Lowes in my area only to find that one stores computer wanted $360, another had it on "sale" for $340, and the third store had it at $200.

from what others are saying, if you can go in with the Lowes Item number and the store number of another Lowes that has it for $80 (or a copy of a receipt) you might be armed well enough to speak with the store manager to get the price match.

i know they will price match with other stores in their region but a store in VA may not price match a store in say Utah or something. i'm not sure that they are required to do that.

Matt Robinette
08-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Bought one yesterday at the Murfreesburo Lowes for $80 and they still had more to sell.

Matt

Jason White
08-21-2007, 1:31 PM
Norm -- there's the post at FWW where a guy in Dallas found them for $80....

Yeah, and the Store in Midland, Tx, (which has them in their computer but don't stock them) still comes up at $200, and Both stores in the Lewisville, Tx area still bring them up at $200 also. I sure don't understand how someone got one for $80 in Dallas, as that is in the same region as the Lewisville stores.

Norm, who needs two.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Craig D Peltier
08-22-2007, 2:38 PM
I have a Ridgid 3650? Please advise, I found two for $110 each.
Thanks

Jason White
08-22-2007, 3:16 PM
I called Biesemeyer a couple of years ago when I bought my TS3650. They said it will fit, but you'll likely have to drill an extra hole or two in your cast-iron top for the bolts.

JW

I have a Ridgid 3650? Please advise, I found two for $110 each.
Thanks

Craig D Peltier
08-22-2007, 3:37 PM
I called Biesemeyer a couple of years ago when I bought my TS3650. They said it will fit, but you'll likely have to drill an extra hole or two in your cast-iron top for the bolts.

JW

Thanks for the helpful info.
I found a few for 220 but they said they would give em to me for 110.I might pickup too. If you google Biesemeyer 30" you should see how many are on craigslist.

Jason Day
08-22-2007, 6:31 PM
Rob Diz,

I'm also from Cincinnati and I thought I found the last one in the city on Saturday. I had to pay $150.

I went to 5 Lowe's stores. All but one said they had one, but when i went to the store they said they were sold out. I finally found one at the Tri-county store, but it was marked at $150 not $80 like all the other stores I went to that day.

I'm curious which store you ended finding one at. If i can still find one, i'll buy it and take it back to the store where i got mine and get the difference.

Thanks to all for the Tip, this was a great purchase!

Norman Hitt
08-22-2007, 8:41 PM
Norm -- there's the post at FWW where a guy in Dallas found them for $80....

Thanks for trying, Jason, but I guess Jim got to it before I saw it. I'm going to the Dallas area this weekend for my daughter's surgery Monday morning, and thought I would try to find them while I'm there. Could you send me a PM with that information? I don't think that would be against the TOS, would it?

Craig D Peltier
08-22-2007, 8:49 PM
I called one store gave them code they showed me about 5 stores in seattle area that had them. They told me on phone 110, I got there and paid 88 , I bought two. $191:D
She said they have been on shelve for over a year.
Thanks for the hot tip.

Bill Wyko
08-22-2007, 8:50 PM
My BIL and I just got one for each of us for 80 bucks each today.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shane Sura
08-22-2007, 8:52 PM
I picked up one in Newport News, VA for 80 today. They had one left after I was done!!

Russell Tribby
08-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Which Tucson store did you go to? I'm trying to get one in the valley and I'd like to be able to tell them the exact store in Tucson that is selling them for $80.

Greg Dykes
08-23-2007, 11:57 PM
All marked at $80 in tool dept. Two were sealed. I'm driving over now. If you happen to need a credit card the first purchase is 10% off. $72 might be the ultimate brag for one of these. By the way, it's really NORTH Seattle on Highway 99, just before 130th crosses I-5 and 99.

Larry.

I bought one today for $50.00 The computer showed $80 but I found a Asst. Manager and offered him 50 and he said you have a deal. I know where 5 more are at as of 8pm. Greg

Steve Mcmahon
08-24-2007, 7:58 AM
Can anyone send me a reciept, I have found two in Cincinnati, but they are still marked at 200, store manger told me if I should a reciept he would honor it,

thanks

Steve

smcmahon@fuse.net

J. Scott Chambers
08-24-2007, 9:01 AM
Bought one yesterday at the Murfreesburo Lowes for $80 and they still had more to sell.

Matt

Thanks! I have a friend in the Boro that I've been meaning to go see. Were they on display or tucked away on a shelf somewhere?

Tom Petersen
08-24-2007, 9:29 AM
Likewise, I would greatly appreciate either a scanned reciept via email or a faxed copy to 206-333-1305

Tom

Steve Mcmahon
08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Just a quick thanks for the quick response to everyone

Rob Diz
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Rob Diz,

I'm also from Cincinnati and I thought I found the last one in the city on Saturday. I had to pay $150.

I went to 5 Lowe's stores. All but one said they had one, but when i went to the store they said they were sold out. I finally found one at the Tri-county store, but it was marked at $150 not $80 like all the other stores I went to that day.

I'm curious which store you ended finding one at. If i can still find one, i'll buy it and take it back to the store where i got mine and get the difference.

Thanks to all for the Tip, this was a great purchase!

I got the last one in the Mason store.

John Viercinski
08-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Got mine in Lawnside, NJ. There's still a few left in Plymouth Meeting, PA as well. The hardware associate had me looking for it up in the shelves by the insulation. It took me a few minutes to find it, but its worth it!

Tanner Sammons
08-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, the fence finally hit the $80 mark at a few Denver area Lowes. The first one I tried sold their last one, but they were very helpful in providing a list of stores in the district that still had stock, according to the system. The next one had two in stock and pulled one down off the third tier for me. When they checked the price it came up at $400. I talked to the store manager and he said he could knock it down to $320 (20% off), but couldn't hit the $80 mark. He did help me find another store that had 2 in the system at $80. Off I went to snatch one up. It was on the second shelf. A gentleman, who was on his way to clock out for the night, stopped and helped me get it down.

Before I paid, I asked the manager if he could go any lower to get rid of the fence. His eyes bulged when he saw their cost (right around $300) and said he couldn't. No problem, $80 works for me. I did give major kudos to Keith, the guy on his way out who helped me get it down, before I left.

It's on the saw and working perfectly.

I now have a 30" T2 fence for sale. Anybody know someone who may be interested? Please send them my way.

I know the rule, no pics didn't happen.
Here ya go!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x276/wallrat76/DSCN03391081.jpg

Tanner

Matt Robinette
08-27-2007, 3:09 AM
They were on a shelf stashed away. I called ahead from another store and had them pull it down.

Good Luck

Curt Harms
08-27-2007, 8:26 AM
Na...nothing to worry about there. If I were going to buy a fence, it would be a UniFence, but I don't need to do that since my saw already has a Euro fence that's similar to the Uni! (And I most often go to HD, anyway...although I get to Wegmans more often than the home centers these days)

Seriously, it seems that Lowes is making a change to their product offerings; thus, all the blow-out of Beismeyer and UniFences we've been reading about lately. I can't imagine they are doing this just to sell more fences...

So just call each of the stores. Don't forget the one over in Flemington and down in Oxford Valley and Willow Grove as alternatives is Warrington is out.
Montgomeryville too.

Fred Haydon
08-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I called 3 stores around the Ann Arbor, MI area and found one for $150 (display model), one location without and the third with three in stock @ $80 ea. I had them hold one for me and went by the next afternoon to pick it up and they still had all three. Two phone calls later and not only me, but two of my buddys each have a new biese sitting at the house waiting to be installed.

Again, a great big "Thank You" to whoever started this thread in the first place. I got a 'Cadillac' for the price of a 'Yugo'

Fred

Lou Ferrarini
08-27-2007, 1:17 PM
Jist got mine at the store on Battlefield Blvd in Chesapeake VA. $80.00.:) :) :) :) :)
They had 2 more on the shelf.