PDA

View Full Version : I just got juried into my first exhibit and guess what?

Bill Wyko
08-17-2007, 3:46 PM
Well I guess I'm lucky.:rolleyes: There's an art show coming in October and not only was I juried in but they want to use my work for the cover of the brochure that will be sent out to promote the event. In addition my work is also supposed to be printed in the newspaper. I'm one of those guys tha believes it when I see it but the guy is coming to the shop today to pick up some pics. Here's some of the pics.

Frank Kobilsek
08-17-2007, 3:51 PM
Outstanding! Congrats!

Now the hard part,
1) Gathering everything you need to present a professional appearence at the show

2) PRICING

You are a small businessmen so I suspect you'll do fine on both counts. Good Luck!

Frank

Bill Stevener
08-17-2007, 3:53 PM
Congrats Bill. I know your work will be a big hit at the show. Hope the place is packed.

Jeff Bower
08-17-2007, 3:59 PM
You finished Monsoon just in time.....way to go. I'm sure you'll be posting a pic of your trophy after the show!!

Ed Scolforo
08-17-2007, 4:07 PM
That's outstanding, Bill. Congratulations!

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-17-2007, 4:37 PM
WTG and May patrons with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in their pockets fall over each other trying to take home your beauties!

Bruce

Pete Jordan
08-17-2007, 4:43 PM
Wonderful Bill!

I remember you before you were a star.

Jim Becker
08-17-2007, 4:50 PM
Congratulations, Bill! That's really a nice honor to not only get in the show, but also be the feature on the cover!

Patrick Taylor
08-17-2007, 4:54 PM
Way to go Bill! Knock 'em dead. :D

Bill Wyko
08-17-2007, 6:03 PM
Wonderful Bill!

I remember you before you were a star.
You mean last week:D

Brett Baldwin
08-17-2007, 6:05 PM
That's great Bill. Not surprising though given your rapid rise in skill. Congrats

Bill Wyko
08-17-2007, 6:23 PM
I'm hoping this is the beginning of some great things. I have to keep in mind I have a business to run 5 to 6 days a week though.:( As long as turning doesn't turn into a job I'll be ok. It's too much fun when you do it for fun. I took some more pics with a different backdrop. Please enjoy.

Gary Herrmann
08-17-2007, 6:34 PM
Based on what I've seen here, I'm not surprised at all. Congratulations.

Tony De Masi
08-17-2007, 7:09 PM
Absolutely outstanding Bill. I guess all those long hours of building the Monster, then the shop, then the Monster again are paying off for you. Here's to hoping you knock em dead.

Tony

Bill Wyko
08-17-2007, 8:01 PM
WELLLL The guys name is mike and he just picked up the pictures. My fingers are crossed.:o

Ken Fitzgerald
08-17-2007, 8:21 PM
Congratulations Bill! Without out a doubt you have progressed in turning faster than anybody I've known since I"ve been turning! You've also found skills and patience that I may never have!

Bill Wyko
08-17-2007, 8:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to figure out how to out do Monsoon:confused: I should be able to start my next piece in a couple weeks. i've been paid to build a jewelry box for someone and I have to do some other F-work for the LOML. That should go pretty quick though. I think I'm going to try the inside out one I drew a while back.:o

George Guadiane
08-17-2007, 8:41 PM
Well I guess I'm lucky.:rolleyes: There's an art show coming in October and not only was I juried in but they want to use my work for the cover of the brochure that will be sent out to promote the event. In addition my work is also supposed to be printed in the newspaper. I'm one of those guys tha believes it when I see it but the guy is coming to the shop today to pick up some pics. Here's some of the pics.
Congratulations!
I had a similar thing happen near me, I just started showing too (I only got the postcard, but it sure felt neat!)
I was TOLD that I should make a lot of pieces like the one pictured... Better get to work.
Good luck, but looking at your work, luck is not a real factor.
Great Success

Barry Elder
08-17-2007, 9:01 PM
IMHO, Monsoon deserves a five figure tag to help the gallery out. Hope they offered to pay you for the artwork for the brochure.:D

Shane Whitlock
08-17-2007, 9:01 PM
WTG Bill that's great and well deserved. Your seg work is inspiring.

Happy Turning,
Shane Whitlock

George Guadiane
08-17-2007, 9:08 PM
IMHO, Monsoon deserves a five figure tag to help the gallery out. Hope they offered to pay you for the artwork for the brochure.:D
Good Point!
I forgot to mention, the show coming up includes free booth rent for using the image (go figure, you usually have to pay for that kind of advertising).

Steve Schlumpf
08-17-2007, 9:34 PM
Outstanding Bill! Quite the honor! Wishing you the very best! Look forward to finding out how the event pans out for you! Hopefully it is just the start of many doors opening for your art! Keep us informed please!

Christopher K. Hartley
08-17-2007, 9:40 PM
Way to go Bill!!:)

Mike A. Smith
08-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Alright Bill! Congratulations!

Bill Wyko
08-18-2007, 1:10 PM
Thanks again everyone. I'll be plugging SMC every time I get the chance. As far as a charge goes, I think the whole thing is going to cost me 10 bucks.:D for parking. I'm a little nervous. This is uncharted territory for me. Something tells me I'll meet lots of nice people though. The event is at the end of October. I'll post more as I know more. I can honestly say I couldn't do what I do with out all the advice and knowledge I've gotten here. You guys and gals are great!:)

glenn bradley
08-18-2007, 1:31 PM
That is so kewl. That has got to make you proud. Very well deserved I might add.

Nancy Laird
08-18-2007, 2:08 PM
Bill, you must be very proud, and we are all proud of you for this accomplishment.

Can we say "we knew you when....?"

Nancy (125 days)

Bill Wyko
08-18-2007, 2:33 PM
Bill, you must be very proud, and we are all proud of you for this accomplishment.

Can we say "we knew you when....?"

Nancy (125 days)
You sure can Nancy. Most of you have known me since waaaayyyy back when I was on a JET MINI or January 07;) . Six one way 1/2 dozen the other.:D

Pat Doble
08-19-2007, 4:50 PM
Congratulations Bill - a well deserved honor.

Andy Livingston
08-19-2007, 4:53 PM
Well deserved. Monsoon is my favorite thing I've seen here on The Creek.

Bill Wyko
08-20-2007, 3:17 AM
Thank you very, very much. That really means alot.:)