PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Gloat

Frank Kobilsek
08-17-2007, 2:25 PM
I just gotta gloat this one. LOML OK'ed a trip to John C. Campbell folkschool in January for a Allan Stirt class. I've been fishing the idea for a couple weeks so I took her to 'Lunch in the Park', bought her a bratwurst and got the green light. Woodturner's wives are the best people in the world!

Since reading a story in Woodturning Design about Stirt I have been amazed by some of his work I have found on line. Texture and carving seem to continue to interest me. I did a search of old posts here and found great comments about Stirt's class.

Had hope to go to a class somewhere this year but the calender got aweful full so to avoid missing a chace next year I'm going to put it first in 2008. Now if a January snowstorm doesn't stop me I'll be all set.

I registered already anyone have any input on the type of room to choose at JCC?

Frank

Pete Jordan
08-17-2007, 4:46 PM
I've heard nothing but wonderful things about him.

How long are you going for?

Frank Kobilsek
08-17-2007, 5:04 PM
Pete, its a 750 mile drive so I'm going for a week. Want to join me I'll pick you up in Indy.

In 2005 I went to Crafts Supply for a week. My skills jumped forward what felt like 10 years. I think these hands on, nothing else to do for a week but turning, classes are truely wonderful. I would highly recomend something like this to anyone that can fit it in their calendar and budget.

Frank

Pete Jordan
08-17-2007, 5:17 PM
I would love to Frank but my new boss might have other ideas.

Mike A. Smith
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Congratulations Frank, sounds like a blast!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Congrats Frank! I hope to try the CSUSA classes next summer.