PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer vs T2

Deck Reagan
08-17-2007, 1:27 PM
I have the Delta 36-680 contractors saw. I'm pretty happy with the saw overall. Our local Lowes locations have several of the Biesemeyer 36B30 Fence kits for $80 (normally $400). My saw currently has the Delta T2 fence.

Is the Bies worth the $80 over the T2? Maybe I can get comments from those of you that have used the T2 vs Biesemeyer.

Thanks,

Deck

Lou Ferrarini
08-17-2007, 1:43 PM
I have the T2 and a friend has the Biez. The T2 works fine for me. I wouldn't spend $400 to make the change, but if I could get one for $80 I probably would. Unfortunately, I havent seen any around here.

scott spencer
08-17-2007, 1:54 PM
IMHO, yes, but I'm afraid the Biese may be gone by the time you get back there. :(

Deck Reagan
08-17-2007, 2:20 PM
Scott,
Funny thing is these things are not flying of the shelf. I had no problem finding one. I call two Lowes and one had 3 and they other had 2.

You got me nervous now lol! I better have them hold one for me.

DG

Randy Klein
08-17-2007, 2:21 PM
IMHO, yes, but I'm afraid the Biese may be gone by the time you get back there. :(

And if not, buy all that remain. You can sell them off later.

glenn bradley
08-17-2007, 2:21 PM
"Is the Bies worth the $80 over the T2?"

The Bies is worth $400. $200 is a steal. My Lowes is clueless on this; does anyone have the Lowes product "number" so the airheads there can look it up on the computer.

Rick Potter
08-17-2007, 5:44 PM
bies number is 36-B30

Lowes number is 237671, although someone has mismarked both my boxes with 237666 also.

It is the 30" commercial fence, and it weighs a ton.

Rick P

Don Palese
08-18-2007, 12:43 AM
I got my fence from Lowes in Medford, OR. Thank to a post on 'woodnet' forum from buckaroe .. I got a copy of a Lowe's register receiptfor a fence purchase for $50. The local Lowes confirmed the receipt and did a price match.

Not bad huh !!

Jim Podsedly
08-18-2007, 9:15 AM
Just bought mine and having my folks pick it up since our local stores did not have any left.

85.02 out the door! What a deal! The Ohio store had three left and I was very tempted to buy all three and sell them outright.

Now i hope it fits on my grizzly TS.... I have the G0444Z. Anybody else have a bies on a grizzly?

Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Jim

Deck Reagan
08-18-2007, 12:24 PM
One month ago I contemplated on buying a "like new" grizzly contractors saw without a fence.....because it was so freaking cheap. I begged to find a t square style fence to fit it. I finally decided to buy it but I waited too long and it sold. Now I have 2 Biesemeyers!

That's how it goes some times.

Deck

Lyle DeWalt
08-18-2007, 3:15 PM
Good to see you guys are scoring these over here too.

In answer to your question on the T2 vs Bies, with the T2 you don't need a tableboard as the fence rides on, and locks to the back rail. With the T2, you can unbolt the faces and stick something else on, harder to do on the bies. The Bies is definitely heavier duty.
Just my $.02

Ken Shoemaker
08-18-2007, 7:39 PM
Just got mine for the Lowes in Bourbonais Illinois. They had two, both marked down to $340.00 from $400.00. Then a sign marking the $340.00 to 50% off. I thought that was the best I could do so I asked the on duty manager for a further price break. He said "not a chance" and pointed out that it would be $170.00 from $400.00 and that was the best deal I'd see on it. So I took it to the register and it came up at $80.00! Paid and ran to the car with a very heavy box like a thief in the night.... QUESTION: It has the extension table and legs. Has anyone ever done it without them?? I have a very small space to work in. What do you guys think??????

Lyle DeWalt
08-18-2007, 8:51 PM
Pretty funny Ken. I know how you feel though. I didn't let any grass grow under my feet when it was said and done.
You'll need something for the pads on the fence to slide across so you'll need the table, or something there. You have me a little confused....your fence is still going to stick out the side so I don't know how you'll save any room by not having the table and legs...unless you're talking underneath?????

Ken Shoemaker
08-18-2007, 9:17 PM
Lyle,
I have my saw on a mobile base. The ends of the table hang over my shopvac and other things at store nicely under the overhang. I'f I have to put an extended mobile base for the legs that space is gone. I am worried about the weight of the rails and extra table bending under the weight without the legs????

Lou Ferrarini
08-19-2007, 8:20 AM
Just got mine for the Lowes in Bourbonais Illinois. They had two, both marked down to $340.00 from $400.00. Then a sign marking the $340.00 to 50% off. I thought that was the best I could do so I asked the on duty manager for a further price break. He said "not a chance" and pointed out that it would be $170.00 from $400.00 and that was the best deal I'd see on it. So I took it to the register and it came up at $80.00! Paid and ran to the car with a very heavy box like a thief in the night.... QUESTION: It has the extension table and legs. Has anyone ever done it without them?? I have a very small space to work in. What do you guys think??????

Reminds me of when I went to lowes for a miter saw, found this marked down from $420 to $220, went to check out and came up at $57.00 at the register. Couldn't get it to the car fast enough. I LOVE LOWES!!!

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/store_item.php?iID=213&arrPath=1,11,53,p213,

Jim Podsedly
12-19-2007, 6:44 PM
Just bought mine and having my folks pick it up since our local stores did not have any left.

85.02 out the door! What a deal! The Ohio store had three left and I was very tempted to buy all three and sell them outright.

Now i hope it fits on my grizzly TS.... I have the G0444Z. Anybody else have a bies on a grizzly?

Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Jim

Well i finally got around to installing the Beis on my saw. I cannot wait for the next project and give it a try!

Here are the before and after pictures.

Jim

scott spencer
12-19-2007, 8:11 PM
Jim - You essentially had a Biese Homeshop type fence with that Alumarip Classic on your Griz. There may not be a night and day difference like someone going from a crumby aluminum stock fence, but good luck with it!