PDA

View Full Version : laser tile settings

Craig Hogarth
08-16-2007, 8:05 PM
Would anyone mind sharing their settings for laser tile? I got mine from Colorado Heirloom. It's comes out OK, but I have a feeling it can be better. Thanks

Mike Mackenzie
08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Craig,

We use 80 power 100 speed image density 5 and 500 ppi calculate your image enhancements. This is with a 30 watt with yours you could back the power down to 70.

Craig Hogarth
08-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks Mike. But question for you. I was instructed by my sales rep that I should keep image density at 3 and dpi at 300 for all photos. Since I've always been happy with the results, I've never strayed. Would the higher image density and dpi get better results on wood, marble and acrylic as well?

Mike Mackenzie
08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Craig,

With the laser tile you can do Grey scale images (no photograv) and then the image density can make a difference. When you are using photograv keep it as you are doing it.

Craig Hogarth
08-21-2007, 5:58 PM
I just wanted to say thanks. I never knew it would go greyscale. They come out perfect now with the settings you suggested.

Mike Mackenzie
08-21-2007, 9:52 PM
No Problem Craig I am glad it worked for you.

Scott Shepherd
08-29-2007, 2:30 PM
Just got in a sample pack of laser tile and did one tile of a photograph. Used the material or laser tile-medium. That gave me Image Density of 5, PPI of 500 and Image Enhancement off.The photo came out pixely (is that a word?) in the light grey areas. Since I only have a couple of pieces, I'd hate to use them all up on this one trial. Mike, you mentioned you needed to calculate your Image Enhancment. You lost me completely there. Calculate it? I'm confused.Also, I could have prepared the photo incorrectly. I took it into Elements, converted it to greyscale, 300 DPI, resized it to the size I would use it, also 300DPI and then imported it into Corel.

What's the best way to get a high quality image on this? The wolf head that came with the sample is incredible. I'd like to do something along those lines of quality.

Thanks-

Mark Koenig
08-29-2007, 4:21 PM
Just got in a sample pack of laser tile and did one tile of a photograph. Used the material or laser tile-medium. That gave me Image Density of 5, PPI of 500 and Image Enhancement off.The photo came out pixely (is that a word?) in the light grey areas. Since I only have a couple of pieces, I'd hate to use them all up on this one trial. Mike, you mentioned you needed to calculate your Image Enhancment. You lost me completely there. Calculate it? I'm confused.Also, I could have prepared the photo incorrectly. I took it into Elements, converted it to greyscale, 300 DPI, resized it to the size I would use it, also 300DPI and then imported it into Corel.

What's the best way to get a high quality image on this? The wolf head that came with the sample is incredible. I'd like to do something along those lines of quality.

Thanks-

I run my stuff at 600 DPI in Grayscale and adjust to high contrast... Anything less looks as you described...

Mike Mackenzie
08-29-2007, 4:37 PM
Scott,

First off the Image Enhancements are built in on your system they are only good for text not photographs.

Just do the photos as mark mentioned do it as a Grey scale and let your driver control the settings use the materials based settings start out with the light setting for tile.

It should do just fine for what you are wanting.

Scott Shepherd
08-29-2007, 5:03 PM
Thanks, I just didn't understand what you meant when you said "Calculate your image enhancements" in a previous post.