PDA

View Full Version : contractor saw cabinet

Anthony Yakonick
01-25-2004, 1:26 PM
Hey folks, I'm looking for thoughts, photos or plans for a caninet for my contractors saw. The crappy legs have to go and I'm looking for sone more storage space.

Thanks, Anthony

Jim DeLaney
01-25-2004, 2:33 PM
One of the earlier issues of <I>Woodsmith</I> had a very nice cabinet, with a dust collection bin under the saw, and drawers on either side. It used 3" locking casters for mobility. I built mine - probably about fifteen or so years ago, and was very happy with it. I recently upgraded to a cabinet saw, but the guy I sold my contractors saw to still has it on that cabinet, and he likes it, too.

Anthony Yakonick
01-25-2004, 2:49 PM
One of the earlier issues of <I>Woodsmith</I> had a very nice cabinet, with a dust collection bin under the saw, and drawers on either side. It used 3" locking casters for mobility. I built mine - probably about fifteen or so years ago, and was very happy with it. I recently upgraded to a cabinet saw, but the guy I sold my contractors saw to still has it on that cabinet, and he likes it, too.
I have that issue open on my tablesaw but being a turner I question my ability to get all those cuts, dadoes and rabbets perfect :D . Really I think I'm going with that one but wanted to see other options.

Ted Shrader
01-25-2004, 3:42 PM

Anthony -

I must echo what Jim said. I based my deign on the Woodsmith article from several (7 or 8) years ago and made a few modifications. I built a 50" Bies clone fence and table board, so the stand had to be long enought to support all of that. It does make great storage and having the sawdust bin right under the saw makes getting rid of sawdust very easy.

I, too, upgraded to a cabinet saw and my friend a couple of blocks away has the old saw and base. It is still going strong.

It is also a good project.

Have fun,
Ted

Jim Becker
01-25-2004, 4:36 PM
Anthony, WOOD Magazine's Idea Shop #5 has a nice table saw accomodation, too. Check out the article on page 62 of the October 2003 issue of the magazine for the table saw article. It also combines storage and a router station as well as improved dust collection.

John Christiansen
01-25-2004, 5:59 PM
Hey folks, I'm looking for thoughts, photos or plans for a caninet for my contractors saw. The crappy legs have to go and I'm looking for sone more storage space.

Thanks, Anthony

You could go to my web site and click on "Saw Cabinet" for my version.

It was so very simple and straight forward to build, that I didn't really document any of the construction. but it might give you some ideas.

Daniel Rabinovitz
01-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Anthony
I have to work outside. As a result, designed a movable cabinet for my JET Contracotrs saw.
Daniel