PDA

View Full Version : Jiachen (Chinese laser)

Anton Duffell
08-16-2007, 4:36 PM
Hi guys , have taken delivery of a Jiachen 6040sp 60w. I will only use the laser to cut thin basswood. designing on autocad and then importing the files to corel X3. the machine came with a patch Gms file for corel. the macro seems to work fine and my scaling throughout is 1:1. The macro calculates the cutting path and then uploads the new cutfile to the processor in the machine. OK so far so good. Now, when i run the file the laser cuts but the scale is about 3 times to large.
Do any of you own one of these machines. Can anyone help!!!

Jiachen60w corelX3 autocad

Joe Pelonio
08-16-2007, 5:30 PM
There are not many of the Chinese lasers around yet, and that particular make I have not heard of. The ones that seem to be around are Redsail and Rabbit. I hope someone can help you but I wouldn't expect to find many people that own that same machine.

The first thing I'd look at though is make sure the software and laser are speaking the same language in terms of size. Maybe one is using inches, the other metric.

James Stokes
08-16-2007, 6:53 PM
One thing to check is that both are using the same dpi. On one of my lasers I have to set the dpi on the machine itself.

Anton Duffell
08-17-2007, 2:05 AM
I have spoken to the Chinese supplier of the control system (Alan!) and he has informed me that the machine company have supplied the machine with his default settins!! The big problem is that the machine came with no writen instructions!!!! I await the instructions (4 weeks now). Should have purchased a US machine , they are more expensive but they work!!!

Nolan Freebury
08-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi Anton,

I have a Golden Laser 10060 that required me to setup the Axis parameters. I have copyied you the text on the axis setup below.

It controls how many pulses it takes for one revolution of the motor thus dictating how far the laser head moves.

I'm not sure if the text below will be of any use but if you PM me I'll e-mail the full manual and see if it helps

cheers Nolan:)

Axis set up: The X/Y move parameter setup should take a 100mm*100mm rectangle for calibration. You draw a 100mm*100mm rectangle in the software. The output image must be X=100mm, Y=100mm after cut out. Suppose the value in the X move blank is B, the axis X output size is A (measure by ruler yourself), your design size is C(100mm). So the real value you should put in the X move blank is D=A*B/C. After that you can do the calibration again until the output size is in precision. The Y move should be the same with the X move. You can take a 100 line to do the calibration for axis Z if there is auto feeding device on the machine.

The pulse parameter setup: the pulse number 12800 in the above blank indicates the pulse number needed for the step motor to make a complete turning.

Bob Keyes
08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Anton,

If your table size is not set properly then your scaling will be off. Check to see that it is set right in the machine parameters.