PDA

View Full Version : 1 HP of dust

Gary Breckenridge
08-16-2007, 12:10 PM
;) I need a dust collection system for my table saw and jointer. Both Steel City and and Delta make a smaller system of 1 to 1 1/2 hp with a 1 micron bag. Will this be enough power to really pull dust into the bag?;)

Michael Gibbons
08-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Gary, What you are looking at should do just fine, just make sure that only one connection is being used at a time. Maybe hook up 2 hoses in conjunction with blast gates. I have a 1 1/2 hp JDS dust force and it works fine. It will work with both but works better with it only sucking on one machine.

Sean Troy
08-16-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/dc2000b.html take a look at this one. For the money, it should be good for you. HP is important but I think the 1 micron bag is just as important. IMHO. I am no way affilliated with PS

Jim Becker
08-16-2007, 2:27 PM
I would not suggest anything less than the 1.5hp/ 12" impeller type for a basic chip collector and yes, do get the better filtration bags. It will get the material into a bag from those tools.

But as you'll read here, elsewhere and often, dust collection that gets the really dangerous fines, especially from a table saw, requires a more substantial system that can move a lot of air.