PDA

View Full Version : Go..No Go!

Nazmy Wasfy
08-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi Everybody,
I joined Sawmill Creek just recently but I've been logging in as a guest for quite sometime.
You guys are awesome at helping each other and exchanging your experience..
I have just bought an Accuris PowerSharp 16 (30W) about a month ago. I have tested the machine with small text jobs with no glitches; however when I tried to run a job with text and a graphic picture (that I had converted to a 1Bit bmp), I got an error message on the LCD panel: "BAD (Length) 1.78MB"
I made several attempts with either smaller or larger files; some were accepted and others gave me the same error (different MB).
It seems the machine developed a mind of its own accepting some files and refusing others!!
I tried changing the parallel cable, rebooting both the machine and the computer; but this didn't resolve the issue...
I wonder if anyone had experienced such problem before.. I would welcome all the help I can get to get back on track.
Thanks, Nazmy

Mike Hood
08-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Have you tried it with other larger files? You could possibly be sending a corrupt file to the laser. Also... Corel may be inflating that bitmap back to it's original dimensions on the way to the laser.

Does the file print OK on a normal printer? That might be worth trying along with a different graphic?

Nazmy Wasfy
08-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Hi Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I am using both Corel Draw 12 and Laser Master 8.
This error message shown with both regardless of the size of the job; but I'll have the files printed on a normal printer to make sure it's not corrupt.
Will keep you posted,
Thanks,
Nazmy
================================================== ======
Accuris PowerSharp16, Corel Draw12, LaserMaster8

Dave Jones
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM
No idea if this is it, but in Corel make sure that you don't have layers turn off that are still set to print (look in the object manager palette).

Also, make sure there is nothing that is overlapping the edge of the page, or that goes outside of it.

Mike Mackenzie
08-16-2007, 1:18 PM
Nazmy,

You aren't by chance rotating the bitmap in Corel are you? In those versions of Corel if you rotate the bitmap it causes printing problems.

Just a thought.

Nazmy Wasfy
08-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Thank you all for your tips,
I have actually rotated some graphics before saving the whole design.
I'll try to do that before importing the graphics
I got in touch with SignWarehouse tech services...They think it might be a defective board. They are snding me one.
I understand, Kevin is a member in SMC I wish I could get his opinion.
I have tried several programs and different size jobs ranging from 40KB to 6MB and I'm still getting the same message "Bad Length"!!
It is really frustrating.. I haven't been able to do any of the jobs I commited myself to produce.
Can anyone help??
Thanks,

Mike Null
08-20-2007, 6:37 AM
Nazmy

Is it possible that you have the table size set in your drawing or in your driver at different sizes and that one or both might be smaller than the object in your drawing?

Nazmy Wasfy
08-20-2007, 7:57 AM
Hi Mike,
I'll check that and keep you posted.
Thanks,
Nazmy