PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Jigsaw Problem

Jeffrey Schronce
08-15-2007, 3:54 PM
Well last night I was bragging up how great Bosch routers, sanders, jigsaws are and wouldnt you know it, I have been paid back by a possessed jigsaw.

The one in question is the old style 1587. The vibration and jumping was so bad I could not saw with it (4/4 QSWO). I changed the blade with a fresh Bosch clean cut blade. It immediately did the same thing. Seems like the plunger is traveling too far or angled forward or something. I tried all the setting for the orbital selector with no change. Tried different speeds and that did not help. The jumping and kicking is down right violent. Any ideas what I may have done here?

Thanks
Jeff

Craig D Peltier
08-15-2007, 3:57 PM
Gnarly grained wood or the orbital selector isnt working maybe? Or speed setting is too slow.

Steve Clardy
08-15-2007, 4:01 PM
Wood pinching the blade?
Try a different species to see if you have the same problem.

Mine is still hanging in there. About 10 years old I guess

Jerry Dickens
08-17-2007, 8:00 PM
First thing I would do is to try cutting something else that is light duty as a 1x4 pine board.

Gary Keedwell
08-17-2007, 8:53 PM
Yea, like they said. Try another kind of wood. My Bosch must be older then yours because my Model number is 1582. I think mine is about 14 years young. Just used it last week cutting some lattice for 2 decks. Still works like a charm. (it will probably break next week:D :( )

Gary K.

Lance Norris
08-17-2007, 9:16 PM
Did you buy Bosch DOWNCUT blades by accident... like I did? They shake and jump all over the place. Look at the teeth.

Roy Hill
08-17-2007, 9:19 PM
Make sure you have the correct blade. I had the same problem a few months ago and noticed I had picked up a package of "down cutting blades" instead of "up cutting blades". I did not know they even made down cutting blades until I purchased these. I was several days trying to figure out what the problem was until I took a close look at the blades. I guess they have a purpose however, I have never found a use for them.

Roy

Jeffrey Schronce
08-17-2007, 9:22 PM
Did you buy Bosch DOWNCUT blades by accident... like I did? They shake and jump all over the place. Look at the teeth.

That's exactly what it sounds like, but I have tried Lennox and Bosch blades from packs I have used in the past with no problem. I'll check it but I don't think that is it.

Russell Tribby
08-23-2007, 11:17 PM
I've got the same problem. I just bought the down cutting blades for my 1581AVS and I'm going to try some different blades tomorrow. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the saw wasn't cutting as it should have been. I had accidently cut a couple of brads during my last project so I blamed the poor performance on a dulled blade. However, not only is my saw now jumping like crazy with these blades but it is a chore to use. I was cutting some 4/4 poplar and you would've thought I was trying to plow through some hard maple with a spoon. It was defintely not indicative of the performance that I'm used to from a Bosch. I think the orbital action might be shot. Should I be able to see the orbital action or is it too small to notice with the naked eye?

Gary Keedwell
08-23-2007, 11:21 PM
I think you can see it on the slower speeds.

Gary K.