PDA

View Full Version : Royalty free clipart

Abdul Baseer Hai
08-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Why is the "Royalty Free Clipart", message not visible/accessible anymore.
Anyone
Abdul

Mike Null
08-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Abdul

We decided to pull that thread as it had over 100 (I didn't count) links. I had intended to send Darren a PM asking him to post a single link to the home page so that members could do their own browsing.

Just for what it's worth it was discussed with Darren.

Sorry for the oversight--my fault.

Jim Watkins
08-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes it would be great to at least post the home website, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Null
08-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Jim

I have sent the PM to Darren and I think he'll post it. If not I'll search it out.

Darren Null
08-15-2007, 12:48 PM
There isn't a home website. It was just a clipart collection that I uploaded to rapidshare, which is a service for sharing files. The way it works is that each file needs it's own link....there were 82,000 images in 600+ directories and I zipped them up in directories, so people only had to download the relevant bit. So. 600+ directories, 600+ zip files = quite a lot of links.

I *can* rezip the collection into groups of directories and thus get fewer links, but that'd mean re-uploading 1.3Gb again, which I'm not especially anxious to do.

I'm not going to post the links on the board again without moderator consent. In their position I would have probably pulled the post too- it's a lot of clipart and it's only my word that it's legal. All the licences and other cruft got stripped out years ago when I needed the diskspace.

The images are all .wmf; none of them ungroup and many of them are cheesy. Having said that, it's pretty comprehensive.

If you email me at darren@stalkingsheep.com, I'll send you the list of links. SMC doesn't have any liability that way and everybody will be happy.

EDIT: It's email because the board PM system has a character limit and would require 9 PMs to send. Just convenient to do it that way.

Mike Null
08-15-2007, 2:27 PM
Darren

That's very considerate and generous on your part. Many thanks for your understanding.

Pete Simmons
08-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Darren:

Thanks for the links.

I downloaded a few. Imported into Corel X3. They ungrouped just fine.

Also I did Combine and that worked also.

Thanks again.

Pete

James Mooney
08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
If you email me at darren@stalkingsheep.com

Hi Darren, I've got to say I love the name! I daren't ask what you do :D

Darren Null
08-16-2007, 7:33 PM
Nothing sinister- it's just an easily-remembered email address. Anyway, it's goats round here and there' no chance of catching them...

EDIT: They ungroup? Thanks Pete. I must admit, I've not used them as vectors before now; just for Photoshop fodder. I think I'll have to reinstall CorelDraw because it's not being very cooperative.