PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr its cold

Lee Schierer
01-25-2004, 10:21 AM
It was -18.8 here last night. It is still -2 at 10:00 a.m and the sun has been shining since sun up. Hasn't gotten above 10 for a week now.

Dennis Peacock
01-25-2004, 10:36 AM
It was -18.8 here last night. It is still -2 at 10:00 a.m and the sun has been shining since sun up. Hasn't gotten above 10 for a week now.

Good Morning there Lee.....

Yup....-18.8* degrees is a little on the cool side. :cool:

I would rather have YOUR weather than THIS any ol day......Still raining.

BTW....did I happen to mention that my driveway is 40% under water?

Jim Becker
01-25-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm sure glad I'm in the eastern end of the state, Lee! 3º overnight is balmy compared to -18º!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is an appropriate word!

I guess you'll just have to stay in the nice warm shop all day long...hee hee

Dean Baumgartner
01-25-2004, 11:13 AM

Lee,
Tell me about cold. It's not been above 15 here in 2 weeks and the lows have been below zero.

I spent all day yesterday working in my basement thawing things out. My sump pump discharge froze up. The water line to the washing machine. It was load of fun but its all fixed now and hopefully between a little warming (all the way to 17 or 18) and the insulating and heat tape I'll make it to spring with out any more problems.

And I used to like the cold weather.

Dean

Daniel Rabinovitz
01-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Lee
You'll just have to come DOWN here and bask in warm SOUTH western Pennsylvania. It was only -7 here, about 25 miles east of Pittsburgh this morning.
Daniel

Todd Burch
01-25-2004, 1:56 PM
Sorry guys. Sunny & 74° here in Katy, but it feels like 68° with the slight breeze. Brrrrr. Better get wind breaker.

(It had to be said...)

Todd

Jim Becker
01-25-2004, 3:00 PM
Sorry guys. Sunny & 74° here in Katy, but it feels like 68° with the slight breeze. Brrrrr. Better get wind breaker

You're a cruel man... :rolleyes:

Tom Sweeney
01-25-2004, 6:41 PM
I know funny . . .

. . . AND THAT AINT IT! :p

Martin Shupe
01-25-2004, 6:55 PM

I'll have to join in with Todd...

It is currently 71.6, and I think it was warmer this afternoon, it was forecast to be 72, but I think it was a little higher.

I spent the afternoon cleaning the last of the pecan leaves out of the gutters, blowing leaves out of the flower beds in preparation for new mulch, and tomorrow I will put some weed and feed on the grass/weed mix I call a lawn. Oh, I might add, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt while doing my outdoor chores. ;)

Hopefully I can clean my garage/shop tomorrow, and get some real work done in the shop this week.

I think it is supposed to get a little cooler later this week...highs in the 50's.

Hey Dennis, send some rain my way....we are a little dry here this winter.

Of course, you all will be laughing at me when it is 110 in the shade in late July-early August!

Oh yeah, I have to fly to Boston several times during February...deicing at Logan...no fun at all. :(