PDA

View Full Version : Feathering edges on a picture on marble

Jim Brodkorb Jr.
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
I know I have seen someone post a picture they did on marble and the edge of the photo was feathered. Kind of look like the photo faded away at the edges. I want to know if anyone can tell me how to do this. I use photograv to get my pics ready for engraving on marble and then powerclip them into the shape I want. I haven't figured out how to get the edges to look like they fade out after I have powercliped the image. If anyone can help direct me I would greatly appreciate it.

This group is great. It is wonderful to see people happy to help each other. Especially when they all work in the same industry. I don't know a lot of people that are willing to give other engravers ideas and help because they are afraid of losing business. I can't wait until I get better with my Corel and engraving to be able to give advice on the forum. I know I get lots of great info from here. Thanks to everyone on the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

Jim

Mike Null
08-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Jim

I think you'll find some help here. http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=62977

Gregg Vaughn
08-15-2007, 1:12 PM
Jim:

If you have any questions on the procedure yell at me .... I can do it in my sleep now!

Greg