PDA

View Full Version : Little League world series watch out!

TYLER WOOD
08-14-2007, 2:54 PM
Lubbock Texas is on it's way. We have been blowing people out the whole time. 18-0 for the time being with only 11 runs scored on us, 6 runs being in one game (13-6 final). Closest game was 6 runs, to the runners up in the regionals, area, and state. All the rest have been usually by 8-10 runs or more, some were by 20-30 runs. We have power hitting, pitching, and fielding. Only one error so far. We're gonna getcha!!!!

Hope a lot of you sports lovers watch these games on ESPN. It's great to see kids dreams come true by being able to play. Support your local teams if you don't already!!!!

Go Western LL!!! AL THE WAY!!!

Justin McCurdy
08-14-2007, 3:07 PM
I just wish they would change the format so that the best teams would get to play in the final game, instead of the "US vs. THE WORLD". Some years, the top 4 US teams are better than the top WORLD team. Other years it is the other way around. I just think the experience would be so much more meaningful for everyone if every team would play teams outside of their area/country instead of just in the final game.

Joe Pelonio
08-14-2007, 3:08 PM
We watch it some, big baseball home here. Unfortunately we saw our most local team (Kent) lose to Oregon. My wife makes me change the channel before they show the losers crying, she can't take it.

Belinda Barfield
08-15-2007, 11:51 AM
My wife makes me change the channel before they show the losers crying, she can't take it.

There's no crying in baseball!;)

Jim O'Dell
08-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I haven't watched anuy this year, but I have the last couple of years. I hope in the long run, win or lose, that the experience they have playing will make them better people. But it jerks my chain when some team throws in a "ringer" that's too old to be there. All involved as adults should be barred from the sport. Jim.

Tony De Masi
08-15-2007, 1:07 PM
Ah Belinda beat me to it but I'll state it again.

"There's no crying in baseball" Tom Hanks

Allan Brown
08-15-2007, 9:43 PM
Tyler,
Just happened to run across this post! I work with one of the fathers that is traveling with this team to Williamsport. Good to see another fellow Lubbockite around here!