PDA

View Full Version : Bostitch HP118K pin nailer on sale at Amazon.com

Denny Rice
08-14-2007, 1:51 AM
I had eye-balling this pin nailer for a long time but didn't want to pay the price that everyone was wanting. Amazon has lowered their price to $111.00 for the Bostitch pin nailer with factory 7 yr. warr. and 1,500 nails to get started isn't bad. Can't wait to get it.

Don Bullock
08-14-2007, 9:58 AM
I knew it would go on sale because I bought one last month. :( Anyone know if Amazon will refund the difference?:confused:

Matt Day
08-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I think they honor their prices for 30 days, but I'm not sure. Shoot an email to customer service with your order # and check.

Don Bullock
08-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Update: Thanks Matt. I sent them an email and here is part of their reply:

Since your purchase was so recent, I have requested a refund of
$19.75 to your credit card. This amount reflects the difference
between the price you were charged and the discounted price. The
refund should be processed in the next few days and will appear as a
credit on your next billing statement.

Special thanks to Denny for the original post. You just saved me $19.75!!:D

As for the Bostitch HP118K pin nailer, it's a good pinner. I wouldn't recommend it to a professional, however. I found that when I got in a hurry and didn't have the tip of the pinner held firmly against the wood that the pin didn't go in all the way. On my recent project this wasn't a big problem, but I did have to set some of the pins with a nailset. I also found that it's very difficult to hold the pinner without drepressing the "safety" trigger. It's something that could be more dangerous if the person using it isn't aware of the issue.

Denny Rice
08-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Update: Thanks Matt. I sent them an email and here is part of their reply:

Special thanks to Denny for the original post. You just saved me $19.75!!:D

As for the Bostitch HP118K pin nailer, it's a good pinner. I wouldn't recommend it to a professional, however. I found that when I got in a hurry and didn't have the tip of the pinner held firmly against the wood that the pin didn't go in all the way. On my recent project this wasn't a big problem, but I did have to set some of the pins with a nailset. I also found that it's very difficult to hold the pinner without drepressing the "safety" trigger. It's something that could be more dangerous if the person using it isn't aware of the issue.

Thanks for the heads up advice on the pinner Don. I also read on Amazon where customers were talking about the same issue with the pinner as you are. I'll run it though its paces when I get it through different woods at different pin lengths. Glad I could help save a fellow woodworker some cash too!!!! (Amazon makes too much anyway)!:)

Don Bullock
08-15-2007, 12:57 AM
I used the HP118K pin nailer to install oak using the longest pins (1 3/16 inch). Most of the pins went in just fine. Only a few gave me any problems. The grain of the wood may have something to do with the depth that the pins will go into the wood. I didn't pay any attention to the grain or how well I was getting the tip of the pinner on the wood. In hindsight I realize that those are things that do make a difference.

As for saving some cash, I got a notice that Amazon has credited my account for the difference from what i paid and the current price. I'm now almost $20 closer to buying a planer. When I do I will have all the major tools that I "need" to build the furniture I want to build, at least for now. Like the LOML said the other day, "This quest for tools is going to be never ending.";) :D