PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal or Not ?

Eugene A. Manzo III
08-13-2007, 5:36 PM
I have a chance to buy a right tilt 3 hp Jet Cabinet saw with 7' rails for $500.00 aprox. 4 years old ? Is this a good deal or not ? exacta II fence
it is also a single phase machine

Gary Muto
08-13-2007, 5:42 PM
If it's in good shape it's a deal!
Less than ½ price

Mike Cutler
08-13-2007, 5:45 PM
I have a chance to buy a right tilt 3 hp Jet Cabinet saw with 7' rails for $500.00 aprox. 4 years old ? Is this a good deal or not ? exacta II fence

Yes. That's a good/fair deal if the machine is good running condition.
The Xacta fence was an upgrade fence offering, from the factory Jet fence. IIRC it was an ~ $250.00 dollar upgrade. Depending on what the saw was outfitted with, it retailed for almost 3 times that amount new.
The Xacta fence is a Bies' clone, and is actually a fairly nice fence. I've had one for over 10 years.

Steve Clardy
08-13-2007, 6:28 PM
Sounds like a good price to me.;)

Jim Becker
08-13-2007, 9:10 PM
It's a steal if it runs, even if you have to shine it up!

Jeff Kerr
08-13-2007, 9:22 PM
So in general if you want to check prices you can go on craigslist.com and look either in your local area or in other towns for current prices that are offered for sale.

Also Ebay is a good way to check prices. You can do an "advanced" search and look for completed listing (sold items) and you can search by miles from your zipcode.

I was at an auction this Sat. and there was a Delta Uni with the Delta fence and standard rails. It was in very good shape and clean. It brought $500.

So I guess that the Jet is a good average price.

Tom Cowie
08-13-2007, 9:28 PM
it is also a single phase machine

A test run would be in order but if it passses all but minor adjustments it's a very nice saw. Much better than mine and I gave 600.00 for it (Delta contractor saw)

Tom

Rennie Heuer
08-14-2007, 7:20 AM
Exactly the set up I have - very satisfied with it - good deal

Bill Arnold
08-14-2007, 7:31 AM
I have had the left-tilt version for about four years. The ExactaII fence came with it for a total of about $1500. Never had a problem with it. It ran fine on 110V, but I ran a 220 circuit and converted the motor. The extension table and rails that came with it were fine, but I have now added tables all around it so I can handle sheet goods even better.

Maurice Ungaro
08-14-2007, 8:24 AM
That's a lousey deal! Please tell me where this person lives so I can go set them straight. I'll go pick up that saw, put it in my truck and take it to the dump (which also happens to be my garage!) :D

Seriously, make like the proverbial "duck on a junebug".

Richard M. Wolfe
08-14-2007, 9:04 AM
Sounds like a deal.

That's assuming it's local and you pick it up. If not, no. You need to be able to check it out and shipping would be too much.