PDA

View Full Version : Ledger Pen Kit Needed

Steve Flinchum
08-13-2007, 5:19 PM
Hi All,
I have been getting these kits from Woodcraft, but they have discontinued them. They had one brass tube , threaded on one end that, aftered glued in the blank, was threaded onto a mandrel and the entire pen could be turned free of the tail stock. You dropped in a spring, the ink filler and screwed on the threaded tip housing. May be called a desk pen.
Any of you folks know where I can find them? I've checked with my other suppliers, Penn State, Woodturningz, Packard, Craft Supplies and checked Berea and Bear Tooth on line, but have had no luck.
I know these things are out there, but can't find them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Be Safe,
Steve

Mike Vickery
08-13-2007, 5:31 PM
If you post a picture of the pen that might help. I know you said you checked Berea already but all the Woodcrafts I know of just resell Berea kits.

Curt Fuller
08-13-2007, 6:59 PM
how about this.....

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Pen_Making___Pen_Kits___Father_Sing_Desk_Pen___fat her_sing_desk?Args=

Steve Flinchum
08-14-2007, 7:28 AM
Thanks Curt,
This is a similar style, but not what I'm looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to post this. I may try to post a pic later today, if I get time to take one.

Thanks again.

Steve Flinchum
08-14-2007, 8:13 AM
Gonna try to post a pic here.

Mike Vickery
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Not familiar with that kit. I will tell you if it were me I would modify a slim line pen kit if I wanted to make a pen that looked like that.
If you are interedted let me know and I will send you some links, I can't post links to other forums per the TOS.

Steve Flinchum
08-14-2007, 7:41 PM
Thanks Mike,
I'm familar with adapting the slim line kits. I really hope to find a source for the kits that I have been using, they are so easy to make and yet attractive in their simplicity.
Thanks again.

Steve