PDA

View Full Version : Hardwood source in southeast Florida

Jared Cuneo
08-13-2007, 5:06 PM
Could someone PM me local hardwood sources in Southeast Florida (Fort Lauderdale/West Palm area)? I paid 5.50 for ash and 9.50 for cherry yesterday at Constantines :(

Thanks!!!

JC

Ken Gartin
08-13-2007, 5:17 PM
PM Sent...

Gary Herrmann
08-13-2007, 6:21 PM
Wow. I miss living in Deerfield, but at least Cherry is a lot cheaper here. Doesn't quite make up for being land locked tho.

Post what you find so I know where to browse next time I visit family down there.

Jared Cuneo
08-13-2007, 7:37 PM
Will do. So far, it looks bleak, but I'm going to check on a couple leads.....

Anyone else?

JC

john white
08-13-2007, 10:23 PM
hey jc, i'm about 2-3 hrs. north of you in melbourne, i paid 5.50 bf. for cherry recently. if you need a big order it might be worth the drive. john

Allen Bookout
08-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Jared,

I get my wood from Alva Hardwoods in Labelle that is a ways west of you just east of Fort Myers. He carries good wood at somewhat reasonable prices and you can pick and choose. Good prices in bulk. The only downside is that he is closed for the summer. Reopens Oct 1st. I know that he closes for the summer so I buy my wood ahead of time.

I do not remember if I am allowed to post a web site or not but here goes and it may be deleted. If so Google it and look at an article from Florida Woodworkers and the information will be there.

http://alvahardwoods.com/index.html