PDA

View Full Version : Vector Fonts

Gregg Vaughn
08-13-2007, 10:00 AM
After spending a dozen or so hours on my own trying to figure out the faded picture edges before getting the solution from the forum, I'm going right to the forum on this one ...

What is the best, easiest way to get fonts you can vector cut? I've found a few outline fonts on the web, but the pickings seem to be thin.

Greg

Darren Null
08-13-2007, 10:06 AM
In coreldraw you can remove the fill and leave the outline of any font on your system.

Brian Robison
08-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Greg, once you have your text in the drawing, select and change the outline to hairline, easy as pie.

Robin Lake
08-13-2007, 11:33 AM
What is the best, easiest way to get fonts you can vector cut? I've found a few outline fonts on the web, but the pickings seem to be thin.

Greg

Greg --

Others have told you how to vector cut fonts. To get you started finding locating fonts you might need, here (http://www.moorstation.org/typoasis/typoasis1.htm) (http://www.moorstation.org/typoasis/typoasis1.htm) is a site with a pretty large number of free fonts. Some are very good, some not so good. There are a lot of sites (do a search on "fonts" or "free fonts") where you can acquire fonts, free or for sale.

Good luck.

Robin

Mike Null
08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Gregg

The easy way is to type whatever you want in your choice of fonts; select it and left click on the white box at the top of your pallet. This will remove the fill. Then right click on the font color for vector (usually red) and you have your outline. You can set your outline to hairline as a default setting or you can adjust it with the outline tool.

Left clicking on a color in the pallet will give you a fill; right clicking will give you an outline.

Gregg Vaughn
08-13-2007, 1:15 PM
Thanks everyone .... much easier than trial-and-ERROR!

Greg

Mike Null
08-13-2007, 2:21 PM
Gregg

If you still have the stuff that came with X3 there should be a card which has a list of hot keys (short cuts) that will save a ton of time. If you go into "tools", customization or options you can set your own hot keys.