PDA

View Full Version : ON A Lighter NOTE -- IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING (a must read) "added a photo link"

Bill Stevener
08-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Greetings All,

It's been some time since I stopped in.
Yesterday was like Christmas in August for me. As you see the mail man came by and left me a package.

Some of you may remember the "Itty Bitty" contest held hear on SMC, (2005). Many of you that are new hear may not be aware of it.

Trying not to get to involved with a long story, hear is the skinny of it.
In the package was the plaque I won in the contest. The original glass was broken in shipment and Keith O was so kind to acquire a new glass and laser etch it. He in turn sent it to the man of the hour (can't say it hear) Mr. Keith Burns. Keith milled the base and mounted the engraved glass and mailed it to me. It is one outstanding piece of work and I will cherish it forever.
The thing I am most proud of, it was maid in the USA.

THANK YOU to each of you Keith and Keith.

The plaque is below -- 6x8" the table that won the award next to it and a turned goblet on the table. Some of you have a limitless supply of wood, but I am rather frugal.

A link to the Itty Bitty contest, well worth taking a look at if you have never seen it. The best thing that ever happened on the turning forum.

Thanks for looking, and THANK YOU again Keith and Keith. Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27002&highlight=Itty+Bitty+Contest

A link to a better photo

http://upload2.postimage.org/242888/photo_hosting.html

Travis Stinson
08-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Congrats Bill! Glad to see you finally get it. Thanks to everyone involved. :cool:

Neal Addy
08-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Well deserved, Bill. Thanks for posting this. It just proves that SMC has a lot going for it.

I remember reading that "Itty Bitty" thread not long after I arrived at SMC and was floored at the remarkable work I saw. Made my minis look like child's play!

Your entry is really impressive and I'm pleased to see it recognized.

Jonathon Spafford
08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Great to see you posting again... congrats on the plaque!!! You deserve it!

Barry Stratton
08-12-2007, 11:58 PM
EXCELLENT!!!! Congrats Bill and WELL DONE Keith and Keith!!!

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
08-13-2007, 7:44 AM
I remember it well, nicely done and glad to see your plaque is in your hands.

Jim Becker
08-13-2007, 8:15 AM
Congrats on your wonderful plaque!! In the end, everything works out!!!

Mike Ramsey
08-13-2007, 8:55 AM
Congratulations Bill! That will go good with all your other awards!!

TYLER WOOD
08-13-2007, 9:44 AM
Good to hear from you again buddy!!! Glad you got your recognition, and your award! Hope to be seeing more of you around.:p

Dennis Peacock
08-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Beautiful....and Congrats again Bill!!!!

Curt Fuller
08-13-2007, 7:05 PM
Congratulations Bill! The plaque is a beauty and I've heard about the itty bitty contest winner but I think this is the first time I've seen a picture of it. Amazing. Thanks for posting this!

Ed Scolforo
08-13-2007, 9:30 PM
Congratulations, Bill. Well deserved. Now, don't be a stranger!

Tim Beauregard
08-16-2007, 9:29 AM
What...no captive ring on the stem of that goblet?
Just kidding...that is awesome! Congratulations. There is a fellow in Thomasville, NC named Bill Kennedy that you should correspond with...he loves such challenges too.

Bill Stevener
08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Thank you everyone for all of the congrats. The real thank yous should go to Keith O. and Keith B. for there wonderful generosity.

And now, just for Tim. The goblet in the above photo is in the one below with the captive ring. Turned from deer antler.

Thanks again for stopping by.
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>