PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat

Wayne Bitting
08-12-2007, 9:47 PM
Decided to stop by Willard Brothers Lumber (just outside of Trenton, NJ) after work on Friday. They've been trying new things over the past year to get more customers. Not sure what happened, but everyone is gone and its a new staff. The good news is that they are cleaning up the place and have pallets of wood only a turner could love. And at ten bucks each, I love them even more!!! Maybe tomorrow I'll go back for some more, its mostly all spalted maple, but I found a nice piece of box elder in the pile. Now I'm going to have to try to push the ShopSmith to go as big as I can for some platters.

Barry Stratton
08-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Great load of wood!!!!!! I don't know if $10 a pop for those 2 pen blanks and stopper blank qualifies as a gloat though:D :rolleyes: ;)

Wayne Bitting
08-13-2007, 7:36 AM
Barry - you're right, I got hosed!

Jim Becker
08-13-2007, 8:18 AM
Nice haul, Wayne. It's been awhile since I've been over to Willard...'nice to know that they have some good bargains for turners.

Steve Schlumpf
08-13-2007, 9:04 AM
Congrats Wayne - great looking wood! Hope you get a chance to pick up a few more loads before the word is out!! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!