PDA

View Full Version : Sources for user tools in NW Pennsylvania

Dave Holden
08-12-2007, 8:43 PM
I will be traveling to northwest PA at the end of August (Meadville). Does anyone know of any good flea markets or used tool stores in that area?

Charles McKinley
08-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Dave,

I'm about an hour south of there. There are tons of "antique" shops around. I'll look for some flea market adds.

Michael Schwartz
08-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Most of Pennsylvania is "fertile ground" Just drive arround and stop at every yard-sale, garage sale, estate sale, and church flea market you see.

Dave Holden
08-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Charles and Michael - thanks

Tony Zaffuto
08-15-2007, 4:32 PM
I'm an hour east of Meadville--lots of antique stores around Meadville and Sharon area. Don't know of many fleas--except Hazen, at Exit 81 (plus or minus a mile or two! regardless it is the exit past Brookville). Exit north on Route 28 and go about 5 or 6 miles. Flea is usually pretty decent and very large and is on the first weekend of each month. There is a "special" antique fair on August 25 & 26 this year--but there is a $6.00 admission charge.

Last two Hazen fleas have not been up to past fleas (been going there over 25 years!).

To tell the truth, I have better tool hunting luck in the south-eastern part of the state. Around here, there are tools to be had, but you got to dig!